Need help understanding your bill?
georgejung80's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, June 20th, 2014 3:58 PM

Att corporate store won't help cancel service

I want to make a complaint about att store my mom went to yesterday, 6/19/2014. My mom went to an att corporate store in flushing, queens, new york, and the address of the store is 39-15 main st flushing ny 11354. She wants to cancel her cell phone service, but she was denied for help. she was told by the store manager, liyan (a lady that wear black skirt in the store while other people wear blue and white, and my mom feel kind of strange to be help by this lady), that she cannot help her to cancel her service. Instead, the store manager inform my mom that in order to cancel the service,  she will have to call customer service by dialing 611 on her att cellphone.  My mom explain to the manager that she cannot speak English and would like to be help by a rep or someone in the store, but the manager refuse to get anyone to help my mom. Instead, the manager told my mom that she has to go find someone that who she knows that can speak in English to call on behalf of my mom.

Now, here's my concern and my problem. If and when I cancel my servide, and I can't get any help in the store, what's the point having service with you, att, in the first place.

I want to send this message out to everyone that who reads this message to understand that att doesn't care about you or your family when you decide to not stay with them. They won't try to keep you because they got enough customer base that simply one or two customers walking away wouldn't make a difference to them. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@georgejung80 wrote:
I want to make a complaint about att store my mom went to yesterday, 6/19/2014. My mom went to an att corporate store in flushing, queens, new york, and the address of the store is 39-15 main st flushing ny 11354. She wants to cancel her cell phone service, but she was denied for help. she was told by the store manager, liyan (a lady that wear black skirt in the store while other people wear blue and white, and my mom feel kind of strange to be help by this lady), that she cannot help her to cancel her service. Instead, the store manager inform my mom that in order to cancel the service,  she will have to call customer service by dialing 611 on her att cellphone.  My mom explain to the manager that she cannot speak English and would like to be help by a rep or someone in the store, but the manager refuse to get anyone to help my mom. Instead, the manager told my mom that she has to go find someone that who she knows that can speak in English to call on behalf of my mom.

Now, here's my concern and my problem. If and when I cancel my servide, and I can't get any help in the store, what's the point having service with you, att, in the first place.

I want to send this message out to everyone that who reads this message to understand that att doesn't care about you or your family when you decide to not stay with them. They won't try to keep you because they got enough customer base that simply one or two customers walking away wouldn't make a difference to them. 

So how did your mom explain that "she cannot speak engilish" if she doesn't speak english? Also, if she doesn't speak english, how does she know that the store was refusing to help her? Is it possible they were referring her to 611 because no one at the store spoke the same language as your mom? Perhaps the reason they couldn't help her was the language barrier.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @georgejung80 

In some areas retail stores are not allowed to cancel service as a fraud prevention measure, I apologize for the inconvenience. Our team can you with that. Because this issue is account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, your mom's name (if the account is in her name), phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

One of our managers will then contact you directly to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Well, the store manager discriminated me for not being able to speak English. She said, "you should have bring someone who can speak English with you", and I don't appreciate that she said that to my mom.

No need to say any more. Today I got a rep who speak korean, and she took care of everything, and I will never be back with att, and I'll share my bad experience with as many people as I can.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.