Need help understanding your bill?
sharonrhea's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2016 2:17 AM

Apple Sells an iPhone5s for $49.00, so why am I paying so much?

I am really having buyers remorse or am I wrong? On Apple, I could get an iPhone5s for $49.00 and then use ATandT. I went through ATandT instead and even with a 15% NEA discount, am paying $75.00 per month for phone and service (2GB) ... or you could buy the phone for approx. $445.00? Did I make a costly mistake? Had I bought the phone from Apple, what would I be paying per month with the 15% discount?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

You cannot get an iPhone 5s from Apple for $49 and use on AT&T, only Sprint and Verizon. The AT&T model starts at $16 per month on the NEXT plan or an unlocked model is $499.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

And the Verizon phone can only be purchased on a contract if you have a grandfathered More Everything plan.  On the current plan you pay full retail also.

If you don't like the prices, you can shop eBay for a gently used 5s for about $300.  (Where my sons will be listed as soon as I can get the unlock complete)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks to both of you! I feel better now. I read all on the Apple page; yet, I might have overlooked some of it, and any time I buy anything now (and I have been with AT&T for more years than I can recall and did do the plan with ATandT already), I feel guilty since I really need to be watching every cent after a wonderful life simply ended 3 years ago with one tragedy after another. Both parents (my world I adored) died unexpectedly within a year of each other. Life stopped for me. I had to leave my job I loved after getting knocked down accidentally with my spine cracked 58 degrees (with no financial help there either and a horrid operation ahead that can only be done 3 places .... I keep avoiding), and while Mother was in my care dying, our house 12 hours away flooded (no life insurance and still fighting the homeowners company who is robbing me blind of all we worked for all our lives even though we were well insured for homeowners), and more > just a nightmare 3 years. So ... I felt guilty about getting the new phone, and you made me feel okay about the plan now. Thank you so much for your response! (Excuse typos - 'need a new computer too, but am not purchasing one for a long time ... ; )

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My response posted twice for some reason. Sorry. It was unintentional.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.