Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 3, 2012
2:40:07 AM
View profile
After updating my AT&T G3 phone it dings every few minutes. No messages, just dings......

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 3, 2012 3:09:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Try a Master Reset. I know it's a pain to lose all personal data but you can back it up with applications like ATT Mobile Transfer or just doing a back up to your computer.

If your device worked fine before the software update, but now does repeated dings after an update, it's most definitely a software issue and a Master Reset should definitely fix your problem.

If you're not sure how to do one, go to att.com/mywireless, sign up for a free account if you don't have one already, and select the image of your phone that will be above your phone number.

On the right hand side you'll see a blue link that says "Tutorials for this device" and it'll tell you everything you need to know about your device. 

Hope this helps!

I am an employee of AT&T's Technical Support Division. My thoughts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of AT&T or any of their personnel. Advise and solutions I offer are while I am off the clock and are not necessarily official AT&T policies and procedures.
Accepted Solution

After updating my AT&T G3 phone it dings every few minutes. No messages, just dings......

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 3, 2012 3:09:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Try a Master Reset. I know it's a pain to lose all personal data but you can back it up with applications like ATT Mobile Transfer or just doing a back up to your computer.

If your device worked fine before the software update, but now does repeated dings after an update, it's most definitely a software issue and a Master Reset should definitely fix your problem.

If you're not sure how to do one, go to att.com/mywireless, sign up for a free account if you don't have one already, and select the image of your phone that will be above your phone number.

On the right hand side you'll see a blue link that says "Tutorials for this device" and it'll tell you everything you need to know about your device. 

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

I am an employee of AT&T's Technical Support Division. My thoughts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of AT&T or any of their personnel. Advise and solutions I offer are while I am off the clock and are not necessarily official AT&T policies and procedures.

Re: After updating my AT&T G3 phone it dings every few minutes. No messages, just dings......

2 of 2 (776 Views)
Solution