For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
volckaej's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 4th, 2015 8:46 AM

Activation of AT&T SIM card for holidays in US

Hi,

I have recently bought an AT&T SIM card online for my upcoming holidays in the US.

To avoid any troubles I would like to activate my SIM card and subscribing to a 1 month prepaid plan before travelling to the US so I can just insert the AT&T SIM when landing in LA and start calling around.

I'm using my own unlocked HTC One I bought in my home country Belgium.

I'm trying to activate the SIM online through this link https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/ and following the steps for 'GoPhone Wireless Phone'.

Step 1 About Your Devise is clear. I entered the SIM code and IMEI number, no issues.

Step 2 Personal Information is less easy. Email address seem to be the only mandatory fields but the 'Email address confirmation' field is not allowing me to enter the @ sign and is always giving me the message the confirmation does not match with the email I provided above. So I'm stuck on this page.

The shop who sold me the SIM just said I can activate in advance online and take a 1 month prepaid plan. Should I really be able to do this?

I'm flying into LA on Tuesday morning so I'd like to activate this SIM asap. Can someone help out please?

Thanks!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @volckaej

I’m sorry you’re having some trouble with activating your GoPhone account on your HTC One.

The GoPhone SIM card can be activated before arriving to the U.S.A.  The most important thing to remember is that you have 26 days (after activating) to add funds to your GoPhone account.

If your device is not allowing you to enter in your email address for a second time, are you able to press and hold your email address from the initial box and paste it into the confirmation box?

If you are unable to paste your email address into the confirmation field, you should restart your device to see if this will correct the error.

Once you arrive on Tuesday you could activate over the phone, call us at 877.426.0525 for automated instructions. Activation will take around 10 minutes to complete.

Thank you!
Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.