Need help understanding your bill?
x2x3lit3x2x's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Thursday, July 19th, 2012 6:00 PM

Account Fraud Help

So here is the story. Someone apperantly has my info and last 4 digits of my ss and has made multiple attempts to call att and requesting to have iphones unlocked and stating the paid retail for them. They got denied at every attempted, and then ATT calls me asking me if i wanted to unlock them but i had no idea what they were talking about, and thats how i found out something was wrong and they told me thats what happend. Now i am pretty scared and don't know what to do. They put a password on my account to make sure no one tries to get in again and i checked my credit score and everything seems to be fine, no loans or anything. How can i get this callers number or info so i can find him or that they can find him?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry this happened to you, I know it can be scary. 

If you've got a passcode on your account; no one can make changes unless they have that passcode. 

Keep an eye on your credit report to be aware of any changes and make sure you check any bank/credit cards to verify that no one has charged anything. 

You won't be able to get the other person's information but it sounds like you've taken the right steps to protect yourself. 

Here's some information about protecting your identity: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401354#fbid=CEsJqleA9UC

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My phone was lost and I thought it was just misplaced, until I saw my bill for $240 instead of my usual $40 bill every month for more than 10 years!   I suspended the phone acct, and will go to an att store with another identical phone, but can I get these calls removed from my bill?

I , misplace my phone, but it usually shows up so I wasn't worried until I saw the bill online.  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

It is your responsibility to suspend your phone when it was lost and restore when it is found. You are responsible for those charges.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have had someone whom I know steal my personal Info and create and acct with ATT. I have called the police, opened fraud claim with AT&T, and was denied my claim for fraud with AT&T since I knew the person. In order for the police to send the report to AT&T they need acct info from the fraud acct. I cant login to it as it was created with out my knowledge-If at this time I am being held accountable for the bill, can I not access the online acct?

I am an exsisting customer of AT&T-so I am able to login to my actual acct. I am trying to get access to the acct that aloud to be created with out my permission. Help?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, sarahirwin33!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that someone you know has opened a fraudulent account. We'd be happy to investigate further, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have an extra iPhone 5 that is tied to the ATT network but has no SIM. I no longer have an active account with ATT. I believe there has been fraud on this mobile phone account at ATT and on the device itself. What do I do ? I dont want to turn it in or unlock it since there is a good chance the device was tampered with along with my account online (fake chats with customer service, overages, etc.) Do I turn the device over to ATT to examine? Will they examine?

Other activity:
Spoofing
Cramming
GPS tracking
Listening to conversations even though phone is off
Hacking into ATT network to obtain GO Phone #s
Using old phone numbers after they expire (3 mos)

Let's just say business competitors have done it to mess with me....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I. Need help immediately. Locked out of my own account by my significant other need unlocked to stop subscription and it my account. His name is not on account but did all that

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Att will not help you.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.