Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2013
7:43:21 AM
View profile
About Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) are free messages that are provided as part of a national public safety system that allows customers with a WEA capable wireless device to receive free, geographically targeted emergency alerts from authorized state or local agencies.

There are three types of WEA alerts:

• Alerts involving imminent threats to life or property issued by the National Weather Service or other authorized emergency management agency
  • Amber Alerts about missing children
  • Alerts issued by the President

Please click About Wireless Emergency Alerts for additional information like what the alerts look/sound like, why you did/did dot receive one, WEA capable handsets and more!

~Delia 

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) are free messages that are provided as part of a national public safety system that allows customers with a WEA capable wireless device to receive free, geographically targeted emergency alerts from authorized state or local agencies.

• Alerts involving imminent threats to life or property issued by the National Weather Service or other authorized emergency management agency

Please click About Wireless Emergency Alerts for additional information like what the alerts look/sound like, why you did/did dot receive one, WEA capable handsets and more!

~Delia 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 17, 2013 7:44:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:28:26 AM

ATTDelia wrote:

~Delia 

To learn more about other self-help options, please visit the AT&T Support Portal here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

About Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 17, 2013 7:44:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:28:26 AM

ATTDelia wrote:

~Delia 

To learn more about other self-help options, please visit the AT&T Support Portal here.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

ATTDelia wrote:

~Delia 

Re: About Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (1,001 Views)
Solution