Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 21, 2012
5:57:17 PM
AT&T, privacy, and business ethics
I just got this email from AT&T about my CPNI usage. Apparently they want to use my private info for marketing purposes. Here's what's wrong with that.

I'm already a customer, leave me alone. Stop advertising new services and products to your own customers it's an annoying waste that clutters the website, my inbox, and wastes time when calling customer service.

Second, they were going to take my private info anyway if I did not respond the long, confusing e-mail with unfamiliar abbreviations like CPNI. They are profiting from every instance of non-response. Most people don't have the time or don't care enough to contact AT&T and request not to have their privacy invaded.

The language used is deceptive: "By checking this box I am requesting that AT&T restrict the use of my CPNI." that's the quote. See, it seems like they are restricting you, because of the purposefully confusing language. In reality, they are being restricted. I wonder what they have to gain that they would phrase it in a backwards way like this, surely AT&T has no concern for clarity when communicating with customers.

Bad show guys. Most people aren't going to notice, the rest probably won't care, but I hope there are a few people who demand more from a company they pay thousands of dollars to annually.
I just got this email from AT&T about my CPNI usage. Apparently they want to use my private info for marketing purposes. Here's what's wrong with that.

I'm already a customer, leave me alone. Stop advertising new services and products to your own customers it's an annoying waste that clutters the website, my inbox, and wastes time when calling customer service.

Second, they were going to take my private info anyway if I did not respond the long, confusing e-mail with unfamiliar abbreviations like CPNI. They are profiting from every instance of non-response. Most people don't have the time or don't care enough to contact AT&T and request not to have their privacy invaded.

The language used is deceptive: "By checking this box I am requesting that AT&T restrict the use of my CPNI." that's the quote. See, it seems like they are restricting you, because of the purposefully confusing language. In reality, they are being restricted. I wonder what they have to gain that they would phrase it in a backwards way like this, surely AT&T has no concern for clarity when communicating with customers.

Bad show guys. Most people aren't going to notice, the rest probably won't care, but I hope there are a few people who demand more from a company they pay thousands of dollars to annually.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 1, 2012 5:16:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
Here is the link to the page to STOP AT&t from using CPNI from your account: https://www.att.com/ecpnioptout/InitiateCPNIForm.action It's really wrong that this link is not being left up by the admin.
Accepted Solution

AT&T, privacy, and business ethics

128 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(128)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 8:13:58 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

cmarion1 - I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience both on the phone and online. 

If you happen to remember the name (or ID) of the people you spoke with, please send me a private message. I would like to make sure that these representatives are properly informed. 

I'm not sure why you ran into errors on the website, there have not been any issues reported with it.

Where you eventually able to opt out? If not, please let me know so I can help. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

cmarion1 - I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience both on the phone and online. 

If you happen to remember the name (or ID) of the people you spoke with, please send me a private message. I would like to make sure that these representatives are properly informed. 

I'm not sure why you ran into errors on the website, there have not been any issues reported with it.

Where you eventually able to opt out? If not, please let me know so I can help. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T, privacy, and business ethics

31 of 129 (3,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 8:16:20 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

maquis - I certainly hate to lose you as a customer but understand your frustration. If you need assistance going through the opt out process, please let me know. 

--------------

maquis - I certainly hate to lose you as a customer but understand your frustration. If you need assistance going through the opt out process, please let me know. 

--------------

32 of 129 (3,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 6:29:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Wow, this is amazing! I am so happy to be a customer so I can waste my valuable time at home posting how ridiculously difficult this CPNI opt- out is.  Just logging in to post this message made me feel like a dyed poodle in a traveling side show. 

I received my CPNI info card in the mail today.  My first attempt to opt-out was by telephone prompt.  When I realized I didn't know my acct # I decided I would talk to a representative.  The rep told me first that CPNI was not within the company.  When I asked about the postcard she said that the CPNI "didn't really do anything".  When I reiterated my opt-out she said that entity was closed for the day and she couldn't transfer me.  So I found this forum, followed the link, entered the info and found the website was having difficulty processing my request and to call a representative.  So I found my acct # and called the prompt line (24hrs a day, 7 days a week). I entered my info and was informed by the kind computer that my acct couldn't be found.  I have tried the computer and phone prompt several times, to no avail. 

Really AT&T, really?  This is further confirming that my account is no longer neccessary and I should cut ties now before this continues wasting my family time. Why am I paying you every month to take advantage of me?   You, AT&T, are like a girlfriend I have given the benefit of the doubt too long now.  Sure we have had some fun times and sure we learned a lot from each other, but I just don't think we are meant to be together.  I think it is about time to say, "its over".

Wow, this is amazing! I am so happy to be a customer so I can waste my valuable time at home posting how ridiculously difficult this CPNI opt- out is.  Just logging in to post this message made me feel like a dyed poodle in a traveling side show. 

I received my CPNI info card in the mail today.  My first attempt to opt-out was by telephone prompt.  When I realized I didn't know my acct # I decided I would talk to a representative.  The rep told me first that CPNI was not within the company.  When I asked about the postcard she said that the CPNI "didn't really do anything".  When I reiterated my opt-out she said that entity was closed for the day and she couldn't transfer me.  So I found this forum, followed the link, entered the info and found the website was having difficulty processing my request and to call a representative.  So I found my acct # and called the prompt line (24hrs a day, 7 days a week). I entered my info and was informed by the kind computer that my acct couldn't be found.  I have tried the computer and phone prompt several times, to no avail. 

Really AT&T, really?  This is further confirming that my account is no longer neccessary and I should cut ties now before this continues wasting my family time. Why am I paying you every month to take advantage of me?   You, AT&T, are like a girlfriend I have given the benefit of the doubt too long now.  Sure we have had some fun times and sure we learned a lot from each other, but I just don't think we are meant to be together.  I think it is about time to say, "its over".

33 of 129 (3,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 7:27:44 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you had such difficulty opting out, the representative you spoke with should have been properly informed and able to help you. 

Do you still need assistance opting out or were you eventually able to complete the process?

--------------

I'm sorry you had such difficulty opting out, the representative you spoke with should have been properly informed and able to help you. 

Do you still need assistance opting out or were you eventually able to complete the process?

--------------

34 of 129 (3,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 7:53:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jamileh on Jun 29, 2012 at 8:53:48 AM

JFizDaWiz wrote:
They only share your info within the company if its any consolation.

JFIZ - you must not read the mailings or know about the company you work for that much.

AT&T and our authorized agents will not sell, trade or share your CPNI with anyone other than those who are in the AT&T family of companies or are AT&T authorized agents, unless required by law.

The above excerpt is from the eMail I received - the specific part you need to pay attention to is where is says " AT&T authorized agents".

What that means is that ANY 3rd party reseller (ie Billy Bob's Cell Phone Emporium) that is licensed to sell an AT&T product is in that group.  So ANY and ALL potential information that we do not OPT OUT of - will potentially be handed off to any of those companies that are not AT&T.

<CM Edit - keep it courteous>

JFizDaWiz wrote:
They only share your info within the company if its any consolation.

JFIZ - you must not read the mailings or know about the company you work for that much.

AT&T and our authorized agents will not sell, trade or share your CPNI with anyone other than those who are in the AT&T family of companies or are AT&T authorized agents, unless required by law.

The above excerpt is from the eMail I received - the specific part you need to pay attention to is where is says " AT&T authorized agents".

What that means is that ANY 3rd party reseller (ie Billy Bob's Cell Phone Emporium) that is licensed to sell an AT&T product is in that group.  So ANY and ALL potential information that we do not OPT OUT of - will potentially be handed off to any of those companies that are not AT&T.

<CM Edit - keep it courteous>

[ Edited ]
35 of 129 (3,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 8:01:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ydmfg on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:02:31 AM

jamileh wrote:

Add me to the list of people that had to dig for this Thread just to find an OPT OUT Option as the eMail I received (that I actually bothered reading) had a "CLICK HERE" link an did not look legitimate.

WHY is this OPTION not a part of our Account Preferences ?
(rhetorical question)

I swear if I had a few other alternatives - I would leave the services of about 5 big name companies - especially this one. Unfortunatley the alternatives are not any better right now. So I'm stuck dealing w/ garbage like this. Instead of spending my time actually being productive. Thanks ATT !!

jamileh wrote:

Add me to the list of people that had to dig for this Thread just to find an OPT OUT Option as the eMail I received (that I actually bothered reading) had a "CLICK HERE" link an did not look legitimate.

WHY is this OPTION not a part of our Account Preferences ?
(rhetorical question)

I swear if I had a few other alternatives - I would leave the services of about 5 big name companies - especially this one. Unfortunatley the alternatives are not any better right now. So I'm stuck dealing w/ garbage like this. Instead of spending my time actually being productive. Thanks ATT !!

[ Edited ]
36 of 129 (3,586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 8:05:07 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry if you felt the link did not look legitimate. The opt out information can also be found by entering CPNI into the search feature on att.com. 

--------------

I'm sorry if you felt the link did not look legitimate. The opt out information can also be found by entering CPNI into the search feature on att.com. 

--------------

37 of 129 (3,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:41:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

And then calling.... the person didnt even know what I was talking about.  She gave me another number and transfered me.  That call disconnected.  I called back.  30 minutes later, the guy said I was opted out.  Why is this so difficult?

And then calling.... the person didnt even know what I was talking about.  She gave me another number and transfered me.  That call disconnected.  I called back.  30 minutes later, the guy said I was opted out.  Why is this so difficult?

38 of 129 (3,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:45:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

Try this number: 1.808.331.0500  

The guy I talked to seemed to know what I was talking about and knew what CPNI was.  Called the number in the email and that person was clueless. Good job ATT.....

Try this number: 1.808.331.0500  

The guy I talked to seemed to know what I was talking about and knew what CPNI was.  Called the number in the email and that person was clueless. Good job ATT.....

39 of 129 (3,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:52:04 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

That is the main number for AT&T and you can definitely call it to get help opting out if you're not able to do it online. 

I'm sorry you weren't able to get this done easily. If you happen to remember the name or the ID of the person you spoke with initally, please shoot me a private message. 

--------------

That is the main number for AT&T and you can definitely call it to get help opting out if you're not able to do it online. 

I'm sorry you weren't able to get this done easily. If you happen to remember the name or the ID of the person you spoke with initally, please shoot me a private message. 

--------------

40 of 129 (3,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:52:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

Very similar experience!!! couldnt log in b/c dont have my acc # (paperless).  couldnt log into my acc (locked after 3 attempts).  called # in email.  the rep had NO IDEA what i was talking about!!! gave me another number; the guy said he did and opted me out.  40 minutes of my life. gone.  ((((((GERRRR)))))

Very similar experience!!! couldnt log in b/c dont have my acc # (paperless).  couldnt log into my acc (locked after 3 attempts).  called # in email.  the rep had NO IDEA what i was talking about!!! gave me another number; the guy said he did and opted me out.  40 minutes of my life. gone.  ((((((GERRRR)))))

41 of 129 (3,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:56:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

Not true.  That search doesnt turn up the necessary link!

Not true.  That search doesnt turn up the necessary link!

42 of 129 (3,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 2:01:05 PM
(0)
Teacher
I agree with Lamar too - confusing, vague, deceptive language in email. What a waste of precious time!!!!
I agree with Lamar too - confusing, vague, deceptive language in email. What a waste of precious time!!!!

43 of 129 (3,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 8:44:58 PM
(0)
Voyager

COMPLETELY AGREE!  They are untrustworthy!!!  How are we to protect ourselves from from this aweful company???  Time to switch companies... they promise 'unlimited' internet access and then throttle anyone who is actually using what they payed for.

COMPLETELY AGREE!  They are untrustworthy!!!  How are we to protect ourselves from from this aweful company???  Time to switch companies... they promise 'unlimited' internet access and then throttle anyone who is actually using what they payed for.

44 of 129 (3,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 7:53:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 22, 2012 at 9:00:47 PM

First we HATE at&t! We'll NEVER do business with this HORRID company again.

Now. We got an email 'An important message about the privacy of your customer information' but the email has the last four numbers wrong on our account. How do we know it's not a scam? That leaves the question how can we make sure the worst company on the  planet NEVER offers us ANYTHING else until this contract expires? I'm mad that we keep getting offers in the mail but we've tried to have that stopped but fittingly nothing has worked.

We're sick to death of ATT and would LOVE to get out of the contract but since that isn't going to happen how can we make sure we get ZERO offers from ATT to steal more of our money and cause us further inconvenience, anxiety and anger?

We HATE ATT!

[word filter avoidance]

Now. We got an email 'An important message about the privacy of your customer information' but the email has the last four numbers wrong on our account. How do we know it's not a scam? That leaves the question how can we make sure the worst company on the  planet NEVER offers us ANYTHING else until this contract expires? I'm mad that we keep getting offers in the mail but we've tried to have that stopped but fittingly nothing has worked.

We're sick to death of ATT and would LOVE to get out of the contract but since that isn't going to happen how can we make sure we get ZERO offers from ATT to steal more of our money and cause us further inconvenience, anxiety and anger?

We HATE ATT!

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
45 of 129 (3,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2012 3:54:04 AM
(0)
Contributor
Nice move there AT&T. My contract has been expired for quite some time now. So has my wifes. Don't worry though, I'll opt out with a message from the carrier I switch to, when they send you the FOC and PON for our numbers.
Nice move there AT&T. My contract has been expired for quite some time now. So has my wifes. Don't worry though, I'll opt out with a message from the carrier I switch to, when they send you the FOC and PON for our numbers.

46 of 129 (3,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 2:52:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

I still need to opt out.

I still need to opt out.

47 of 129 (3,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2012 8:40:53 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

pitdoug1998 wrote:

We HATE ATT!

[word filter avoidance]

I'm sorry that you've had such difficulty. I'd be happy to help you ensure that you don't receive any marketing offers. 

To completely opt out of CPNI, click this link and enter the requested information: https://www.att.com/ecpnioptout/InitiateCPNIForm.action

To manage other marketing preferences, click here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52780&cv=820,903#fbid=7vGqFk8zLUo

I'm also concerned about the incorrect account number and would like to make sure that we've addressed the other issues you've had. It's pretty clear you're not happy and I'd like the opportunity to change that. 

If you'd like to work on this further, please send me a private message with your name, phone number and the best time to contact you as well as a brief summary of what's going on outside of the marketing concerns. I'll have a member of my team contact you to review whatever you'd like. 

--------------

pitdoug1998 wrote:

We HATE ATT!

[word filter avoidance]

I'm sorry that you've had such difficulty. I'd be happy to help you ensure that you don't receive any marketing offers. 

To completely opt out of CPNI, click this link and enter the requested information: https://www.att.com/ecpnioptout/InitiateCPNIForm.action

To manage other marketing preferences, click here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52780&cv=820,903#fbid=7vGqFk8zLUo

I'm also concerned about the incorrect account number and would like to make sure that we've addressed the other issues you've had. It's pretty clear you're not happy and I'd like the opportunity to change that. 

If you'd like to work on this further, please send me a private message with your name, phone number and the best time to contact you as well as a brief summary of what's going on outside of the marketing concerns. I'll have a member of my team contact you to review whatever you'd like. 

--------------

48 of 129 (3,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2012 12:09:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

I agree that it is pretty shady of AT&T to say that they are going to give your information away UNLESS you jump through hoops to say you don't want them to.  The right thing to do would be to not give out customer information under any circumstance UNLESS that customer specifically says it's ok. 

I agree that it is pretty shady of AT&T to say that they are going to give your information away UNLESS you jump through hoops to say you don't want them to.  The right thing to do would be to not give out customer information under any circumstance UNLESS that customer specifically says it's ok. 

49 of 129 (3,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 7:56:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Got an email from att.cpni.irn.988660687AT email.att-mail.com telling me my information was going to be used to sell me other products and if I did not want it sold, I needed to respond. Tried to respond via the link. Got an error message. Tried to respond via Chat. They were not equipped to deal with CPNI whatever that is. Tried to call, got transferred. Got put on hold. Then that customer service rep did not know anything about it. 

I have to hand it to AT&T--they have the system DOWN! They know if you re-route a customer long enough, they'll give up and then they can legally sell their information to other companies and for further advertisement. 

Good Job!

Got an email from att.cpni.irn.988660687AT email.att-mail.com telling me my information was going to be used to sell me other products and if I did not want it sold, I needed to respond. Tried to respond via the link. Got an error message. Tried to respond via Chat. They were not equipped to deal with CPNI whatever that is. Tried to call, got transferred. Got put on hold. Then that customer service rep did not know anything about it. 

I have to hand it to AT&T--they have the system DOWN! They know if you re-route a customer long enough, they'll give up and then they can legally sell their information to other companies and for further advertisement. 

Good Job!

Business Ethics CPNI

50 of 129 (3,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 7:59:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sounds nice but that process is designed to not work. I tried it and your email proves AT and T know about CPNI unlike the customer rep I got on the phone who said he had several calls about it and that it must be a con artist as no email from you was ever sent. It would seem the company was the one conning us to be able to sell our information.

Sounds nice but that process is designed to not work. I tried it and your email proves AT and T know about CPNI unlike the customer rep I got on the phone who said he had several calls about it and that it must be a con artist as no email from you was ever sent. It would seem the company was the one conning us to be able to sell our information.

51 of 129 (3,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 8:01:53 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry that you're not able to easily go through the opt out process. 

Will you please let me know the error message you received when attempting to access the link?

Please provide the link as well. 

Thanks, 

--------------

I'm sorry that you're not able to easily go through the opt out process. 

Will you please let me know the error message you received when attempting to access the link?

Please provide the link as well. 

Thanks, 

--------------

Re: Business Ethics CPNI

52 of 129 (3,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 8:09:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Error code 100 comes up when we click on this link, just like it did in our email notification.  Jamileh, I know you are in a tough situation but you need to move all of these comments of frustration up the ladder. You obviously do not have the power to address this situation and your company is losing customers because of it. It is not your fault but someone with the power to change this needs to address this problem soon.

Error code 100 comes up when we click on this link, just like it did in our email notification.  Jamileh, I know you are in a tough situation but you need to move all of these comments of frustration up the ladder. You obviously do not have the power to address this situation and your company is losing customers because of it. It is not your fault but someone with the power to change this needs to address this problem soon.

53 of 129 (3,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 8:09:42 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I appreciate the information about your experience when you called in. 

I will make sure that I pass this information on to our support centers so we ensure a consistent message from all support areas. 

--------------

I appreciate the information about your experience when you called in. 

I will make sure that I pass this information on to our support centers so we ensure a consistent message from all support areas. 

--------------

54 of 129 (3,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 2:30:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
S100: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Above is what I get when I try to opt out using the website. I'm traveling out of the country now so I can't call in. I experienced all the frustrations mentioned by others and believe AT&T is purposely making this difficult. I've invested 45 minutes in this project so far - and that doesn't include the time I spent opting out the old way. Tedd
S100: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Above is what I get when I try to opt out using the website. I'm traveling out of the country now so I can't call in. I experienced all the frustrations mentioned by others and believe AT&T is purposely making this difficult. I've invested 45 minutes in this project so far - and that doesn't include the time I spent opting out the old way. Tedd

55 of 129 (3,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 3:14:11 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I wonder if the error might be happening because you're out of the country. That's definitely something to look into. 

If you'd like, please send me a private message with your name and email address so we can find an alternate way to help. 

--------------

I wonder if the error might be happening because you're out of the country. That's definitely something to look into. 

If you'd like, please send me a private message with your name and email address so we can find an alternate way to help. 

--------------

56 of 129 (3,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 3:43:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

The email opt out is not working.  And I refuse to wait in a long hold line on the phone to accomplish this.  I demand that you opt me out of the information sharing immediately. 

I am offended by how difficult ATT makes this process.  Why not just start out by NOT SHARING my information.  Let people opt in instead.

On top of that, I have to register and accept terms of use just to post and get your assistance.  Absurd. 

The email opt out is not working.  And I refuse to wait in a long hold line on the phone to accomplish this.  I demand that you opt me out of the information sharing immediately. 

I am offended by how difficult ATT makes this process.  Why not just start out by NOT SHARING my information.  Let people opt in instead.

On top of that, I have to register and accept terms of use just to post and get your assistance.  Absurd. 

57 of 129 (3,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2012 6:37:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm in Missouri and I'm getting the same messages about the CPNI.

I'm in Missouri and I'm getting the same messages about the CPNI.

58 of 129 (2,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2012 8:42:16 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by jamileh on Jul 9, 2012 at 10:55:33 AM

The CPNI is a privacy statement that you will be read if you didn't initially opt in. All this is for is for us to be able to tell you about other AT&T products and services. If you opt out, we will still read it. It's completely up to you if you want to hear about U-verse, wireless insurance and roadside assistance, etc. AT&T does not share your information. All telecommunication companies have to do this. It's a federal law. The statement goes like : Under federal privacy law it is your right and our duty to protect your account information.... <CM edit>

The CPNI is a privacy statement that you will be read if you didn't initially opt in. All this is for is for us to be able to tell you about other AT&T products and services. If you opt out, we will still read it. It's completely up to you if you want to hear about U-verse, wireless insurance and roadside assistance, etc. AT&T does not share your information. All telecommunication companies have to do this. It's a federal law. The statement goes like : Under federal privacy law it is your right and our duty to protect your account information.... <CM edit>

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
59 of 129 (2,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 10:52:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by jamileh on Jul 9, 2012 at 10:58:02 AM

Want to keep me aas a customer? Don't send emails stating we will unless you call. Allow me to opt in.

Doug <CM Edit - remove last name>

Want to keep me aas a customer? Don't send emails stating we will unless you call. Allow me to opt in.

Doug <CM Edit - remove last name>

[ Edited ]
60 of 129 (2,573 Views)