For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mimishirl55's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 8:00 PM

AT&T Switcher Program and Young America

I would like to know how AT&T and Young America are connected? Somebody is living up to their promises. AT&T offers what they call the "Switcher" program and you're promised a rebate if you switch from your old provider to AT&T. They discount your first bill and then promise to pay the remaining balance on your smartphone with a rival company through a card you can use like a credit card, much like a pre-paid Visa. Out of several phone calls I made to AT&T and several chat sessions, I got one representative that was somewhat helpful but still no answers. She said I met all the criteria and submitted all the correct paperwork but she didn't know why it took 3 submissions and then why the submissions are stuck in limbo and still have to be approved even though she said I met all the requirements. I've paid my bills on time. I feel like AT&T duped me into switching and I feel like this is a scam-whether it's a scam on AT&T's part or Young America's part, I'm not sure. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Young America has been around forever doing rebates and other promotion type things for a variety of companies.  AT&T probably contracts the rebate "stuff" out to them.

Traveler

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do you get the Rewards sheet to fill out in the first place. I switched my wireless, and TV to AT&T, while having Internet service with them already. After contacting this company for 2 months at least, I discovered today that I needed to submit a claim for the rebates. I can't believe after 2 months of complaining about my rebates not coming as expected, not one member of the AT&T staff could figure this out. Meanwhile, the $1,486 used to payoff Verizon's contract is out of my pocket. The $1,850 in rebates I've been expecting could've helped when taking my family on vacation next week. Furthermore, AT&T and Directv are identical, and deserve each other wholeheartedly. 

Thanks,

ASCJ

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I just saw that I submitted rebate for 570$ but I was approved only for 320$. While I have to pay Tmobile 570$ from my pocket.. Att is cheating... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@tintina2001

What did you get as a trade in for the phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Details on the switch offer.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

1.   You must port in your numbers

2.   You must trade in your phones and must be worth at least $10

3.  You must buy phones with Next installments

4.   You must submit your final bill for credit for the difference.  The phones must match the ones on the bill.

Maximum is $650 per line.   You are reimbursed for the ETF/lease/device payment balance less the trade in amount.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Just think of the interest they are making on holding up thousands of switchers. I am sure most of the people followed the transfer to a T, to get there money back. Too many people complaining, so something going on. Same issues on the Directv forum site since they bought them. 

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

The part I really hate is how condescending the replies are. Contrary to what they think, I do know what I'm doing, at least most of the time.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@mimishirl55.  

Not everyone did understand the requirements.

You notice tintina hasn't been back? She expected a full $650 when she only owed $570 on the phone.  I'm guessing she did the math and noticed she got as a credit when she traded her phone and a credit later for the rest of the lease.  

Other customers either:   didn't trade in a phone, didn't buy with Next, traded in a different phone than the ETF was for, and the list goes on.   Most people understood.  The majority of the first complaints were from those who didn't understand or missed a part of the requirements.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@mimishirl55

BTW, it's been close to 3 weeks since your first post.  Are you getting any traction?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

no I've gotten nothing not even the courtesey of responses.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.