Need help understanding your bill?
Star21's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 9:15 PM

$500 Deposit? Really unsatisfied with aT&T

Okay Ive been with AT&T's darn expensive phone service since 12/13/12 and didnt require a deposit when I first signed on or got the contract. Its been almost a whole year of commitment to this At&t rip off services and then I skip 2 payments and when I called yesterday to pay my past due bill now they're asking me to put a $500 deposit which will be refunded at the end of my contract...They said my services were cancelled due to not reaching payment agreements and they needed to reinstate my phone service which then ran a credit check  but what about all them other months I've been paying my bills on time if they take the time to look at that....a year to late for this ridiculous amount if I had known sooner I would never give att my time & money...its no wonder why people with att always complained about their service and I wish I opted out sooner....

Also I asked the representative which handled my bill over the phone if I could just pay this months bill along with my termination fee of $225 to avoid this ridiculous amount of deposit and she stated yes sure but you'll need to pay it before your due date to avoid that charge and then goes on to say I will bill the $500 deposit amount on your next bill but make sure you pay your bill and termination before its due date okay! OOuucChh UUmmm was that just a big slap in my face or what?

To make matters worse I later spoke with the collections dept. and the representative there said no sir regardless if you payed your next bill and termination fee we will still need the $500 deposit after the cancelation on your account and you will be refunded because It had already been applied to your accounts next bill....can somebody tell me Im not the only one that think this is absurd im cancelling my service and paying my bill & termination fee but you still need that depoist...Refunded or not that is not my point At&t clearly dont care for their customers AT this point im infuriated with At&t and I wish this on nobody but beware at&t customers of the sly and selfish ways this company sucks in customers and spit you on the ground somehwere down the line....

open for any advice, comments, tips and answers!! Thanks for your time

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Mariana: I feel so much relief now thanks to you for the good customer advice and quick assistance I received a call right away from Kate (I believe was her name forgive me if im wrong) and she's going to help me and work out an arrangement that's affordable for me.....I'm so thankful and can't express my appreciation enough but if I ever need help again ill know where to go.....This just changes my whole feeling about at&t love the great customer care you provided and hope everyone will experience this good service like me......from me in Hawaii Much Mahalo!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hey @ kfederer what is ETF please?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Estimated termination fee?

Associated Member

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

@Star21 wrote:
@hey @ kfederer what is ETF please?

It means Early Termination Fee. If you cancel your contract before it is up, there will be fees for doing so.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is why its so impotant to read and fully understand the terms when paying a deposit for anything.  There is a reason AT&T requires a deposit, usually do to a low credit score / high risk of missing on payments.  Most people can avoid this situation by simply understanding what they are signing up for.

There is a ton of information online about how deposits work, and there is really no excuse for not understanding the process.  

You can also use this deposit calculator before signing up to estimate your deposit and compare with other wireless service providers etc.  In the future it is probably better to skip the deposit all together and look for a prepaid option.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Don't feel bad I have my original receipts and boxes my devices came in. I paid cash. They say I never had paid a deposit but I did with cash and have proof. I refuse to show my copy from 2014 they made me leave 1 store to go to original place of purchase get a copy of receipt that says no deposit buy my originals I have show 500 cash paid deposit. They tell me I don't need it my credit is fine NOW. So 48 hours they say they will have researched this. Here is the kicker I spoke to a lawyer and if they do not refund me my money either check or bill or take it off product purchase assuming I remain with them then police will be involved along with larceny charges and I will be suing them for time gas frustration emotional distress breach of contract and I will be taking it to every media Outlet because my receipt shows I paid a deposit their systems and receipt printed out now 2 years later says otherwise I will make sure everyone realizes what these people are doing 2 everyone Buy stealing robbing pillaging us. I will also hope that this exposes the corruption that is occurring it isn't right and just because you're a huge corporation doesn't mean you can break the law and get away with it. So either my situation will be resolved or I will not stop until I make every newspaper I can every News Channel I can every social media Outlet I can and I will not stop I'll blow every cent I can just to make people aware of what they are doing it is now a matter of principle

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

You are not supposed to talk about legal issues on this forum and you dug up a 3 year old post.

According to the terms of service that YOU agreed to, you agree to go to arbitration to resolve any conflict.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.