Need help understanding your bill?
superkirk's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 9:13 AM

5 days Cust. Serv. Nightmare for a lost/stolen phone

Here was my problem:

On launch day, I stayed up till midnight to order the new iPhone 6 Plus, 64gb, in Space Grey. I was one of the first to buy, and the phone was supposed to be delivered last Friday (9/26/14). On that day, Fedex sent me a notification that the phone was delivered to my home at 315pm. My wife was home all day, so I asked her to check, and the phone wasn't there. I came home later and checked my eight home security cameras, four of which face the front door, yard, and street. After spending hours reviewing the video, I could find no sign of a Fedex truck or delivery person ever approaching my door, or even driving down my street. 

Next, on Saturday morning (9/27/14) I called Fedex and they launched a "claim", which took them till monday to resolve, and I had to prod them entire way (their customer service is awful). They finally said monday night (9/29/14), that the driver likely mis-delivered the phone, or stole it, since his description of my home was wrong. They stated there was nothing more they could do to find the phone, since the driver says he couldn't identify what accidental address he dropped it off at. They were ready to declare it "a loss" and refund ATT for the phone.

Luckly I had been in contact with ATT since Saturday morning as well, and was told there was nothing that could be done until Fedex completed their investigation. However, the light at the end of the tunnel was that a very (very) nice rep told me that there was “reserve units” that were on hand just for situations like these. She said that if it turns out Fedex couldn’t get my phone back, I could have a new one shipped “this week”! So now it was time to call ATT and get the “reserve unit” shipped, right? That was 3 days ago...

At my last count, I've been on/ off the phone w/ATT for 5 days now total. Spoken to 5-6 departments, been transferred 19 times at least (conservative estimate), been disconnected twice with no call-backs, and spent 3 hours total on hold (one whole hour just today). Your customer service has several MAJOR problems as I see it... 

1. Everyone passes the buck and is so quick to transfer me.
2. Every transfer sends me to a new phone-tree answering system which is infuriating (after 19 times). 
3. Every transfer results in more holds and more wait times. Transfers don't get to "cut the line" ahead of new callers.
4. Every transfer means I have to completely re-explain the problem (or wait 15 min for the new rep to read my file, as "Jane" did today).
5. Every transfer requires I be Re-identified. 
6. No one will give me direct call-back numbers so I can call back when I'm disconnected, or endlessly transferred, etc.
7. No department seems to know what other departments can or can't do, resulting in unnecessary transfers back and forth. Several times now I've been transferred from Dept A, to B, then C, only to be sent back to A.
8. This all started because you guys ship $900 iPhones without signatures being required at drop off. So some fedex driver stole/lost my phone, and now I'm wait listed for a new iPhone 6 plus for 45 days!!!! 

Imagine if you will, what you could accomplish in your personal life with 4 hours a day (half a day's work), for 5 days. Got it? Now imagine spending that time instead spent sitting on a phone retelling the same story 19 times, being re-identified 19 times, being transferred 19 times, and being then end it by being told to "get in the back of the line" for new iPhones. And that doesn't even include the fighting I've had to do with Fedex! The closest I can come to explaining this ordeal is by showing you an excerpt of the notes I've kept thus far. This is just from today...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/1/14- At 1330 I was called back ref ticket# [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] by a "supervisor". He sent me to Premier to speak with an Indian-accented rep answering, after being placed on hold first. This guy said he had to have an investigation done before sending me a new iPhone 6 Plus, and sent me back to stolen phone dept. A lady answered who disconnected after 60 seconds, and never called me back. I called back, waited 10 more minutes and got Patrick (stolen device dept). He sent me to Premier again, to speak to Chris, after yet another hold/wait. Christ started ordering my new phone, but I had to disconnect to go to work before finishing. He gave me conf# *** so I could call back and pickup later. The time was 1410 hours.

I called back at 1515 hours, went through the phone tree, sat on hold. Sales rep Kathy answered and transferred me to the "web assistance center". Got a phone tree again, then put on hold again. Next I got Rasheed, in the "secondary sales department". After being re-ID again, Rasheed told me he couldn't give me a direct call back number in case I got disconnected again. Rasheed just said my order is In-Progress with a 35-40 day wait!! This was unbelievable, since I stayed up till midnight to order the phone on launch day, just to have it stolen/lost by Fedex, which was only possible because ATT doesn't require signatures on it's iPhone deliveries! Now, through no fault of my own, I have to wait till the end of November to get my phone! I asked Rasheed about the “reserve units”, and he didn’t know anything about them. He said I should talk to the lost/stolen phone department.

1540 hours- Rasheed transferred me to lost/stolen phone dept. Another 7 min hold.... David answered with Customer Care dept. After re-explaining the problem and being Re-ID’d, he gave number for stolen device specialty team: ****. I hung up and called.

1553 hours- The Global fraud management recording answered. The phone-tree there kept sending me back to general customer service line. Saying “representative” over and over to the computer finally allowed me to talk to Fraud rep "rayshauna" or something. They couldn’t help, since they only handle ID theft. She sent me back to Premier # ***. After several disconnects, I actually had to take notes and write down "hit 2, 2, enter ph#, 1, 2, 0” to get through the phone tree and speak to someone.

1600-1619 hours: On hold, again. Jane answered at Premier at 1619 hours. Verified again. Jane needed 13 more min to read my whole file, before she could talk to me or help me. I sat in silence for that entire 13 minutes, and listened to her mumble as she read allowed to herself. I asked for a supervisor after twice asking Jane if there were any reserve iPhones that could be shipped faster than 35-40 days. She couldn't answer me, and I told her that the only reason I was calling was to see if “reserve units” existed or not. I kept saying, if they have reserved units, I want to order one. If not, I want to cancel the whole order. She mostly ignored the questions and kept reading. I again asked for a supervisor, and was put on hold.

1634-1700 hours: Waiting for Premier supervisor. After 25 minutes on hold, I hung up. That was another wasted hour (1600-1700). 

1701 hours- Called back premier. On hold again. After 11 minutes on hold, call failed again. Called back.

1732: Call disconnected again! Got Joshua *** at 1754 finally. He said he didn't know if there was "reserve units". Got a little short with me when I asked him not to transfer me to lost/stolen phones, and I said I already spoke to them. His attitude was the worst of all the reps to this point, I got upset, and just told him to I cancel my order totally.

1933: Next I started with FEDEX again. Was told to call claims/trace dept and ask for Mona tomorrow. The battle continues. 

Total time wasted today: 6 hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the point of the story is this: I want satisfaction. A phone shipped faster than 45 days, or a release from my family plan contract so I can go to another carrier, or some compensation for having to wait 2 months for an iPhone I should have had last week! Come on ATT! What have I stayed with you 8 years for?!!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @superkirk 

I'm sorry to hear about your phone delivery and customer service issues, our team will be happy to help you with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much "Lisa A." from the Social Media Dept for your help. You saw my post here and called me, which was much appreciated.

However, the battle continued till today at 1230pm.

So what took me all the way to Day-10 of my struggles with ATT customer service, and ATT Premier? The reason was it took another 4 days for ATT to reset my "Upgrade Eligibility" back to its pre-nightmare status. See below:

10/4/14 - 1230pm. Chatted with ATT customer service online. Got Jennifer. She was nice, but said “Premier is closed on weekends” so she couldn’t do anything to reset my eligibility. She said she’d "make sure" I got a call back on Monday, 10/6/14, at 11am.

10/6/14 - 1231pm. Still no call from ATT.  I chatted online with Clarence.  He said he couldn’t help me. Said I needed to call “exchange dept” at 866-499-8008. When asked if Premier wasn’t handling it anymore, he said yes they would. So I asked, which one?! He said Premier was at 866-499-8008, but that’s the exact same number he gave me before!? Whatever.

1324 hours: Called Premier at the number Clarence gave me. On hold again. Genessa answered at 1332. Reverified, and re-explained everything. She said Premier Research Team would have to research it before resetting my upgrade, and tried to get me off the phone. I explained the above chats, and how others had said they would but haven’t. She put me on hold and said she'd look into it. She said my 2nd order, when cancelled by Josh, wasn’t tied to my upgrade. The first order was. So now their “research team” would get my case, which she said she expedited.  Said I will get a call back in 1-2 days, and yes, they should call me this time.

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!! This is when I vow to leave ATT. I've kept a log of all this, and this represents the 20'th phone or chat discussion with ATT, to resolve this issue. TWENTYTH!! When added together, at 30 min per conversation (a low-ball estimate), this represents a minimum of 10 hours of work for me. A whole day, plus overtime, for what? Anyhow...

10/7/14 @1003: Got a VM from "Danielle" at Premier. She said she reset the upgrade! When I checked, the upgrade was reset for my wife's line....

At this point, I still have to wait and see if ATT removes the $468 charge from the first phone (lost by Fedex), then $68 charge for the second phone (cancelled), off my credit card. It's been 10 days, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm just disputing the charges.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am in the exact same situation. Do you have any answers as to how I can get this resolved? I filed a claim 8 days ago and I still have no response and no information as to when it will be resolved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Without knowing where you are in the process, it's hard to say. The answer is likely, "call premier" (assuming you didn't do a NEXT upgrade, cause I don't know how that works. Here's what I can tell you...

1. Everyone passes the buck and is so quick to transfer you.
2. Every transfer sends you to a new phone-tree answering system which is infuriating.
3. Every transfer results in more holds and more wait times. Transfers don't get to "cut the line" ahead of new callers.
4. Every transfer means you have to completely re-explain the problem (or wait 15 min for the new rep to read your file).
5. Every transfer requires you be Re-identified.
6. No one will give you direct call-back numbers so you can call back when you're disconnected, or endlessly transferred, etc.
7. No department seems to know what other departments can or can't do, resulting in unnecessary transfers back and forth. Several times I was transferred from Dept A, to B, then C, only to be sent back to A.

With all this in mind:
1. Keep a log of all your contacts with ATT, including dates, times, and rep/department names. If you don't, it will all just turn into a frustrating blur.
2. Complain on this website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. The social media dept may take notice and try to help you.
3. Consider disputing any charges with your bank.
4. The shipper and ATT don't talk. At all. It's all on you to call the shipper and bug them for answers too. You need to file a claim, then bug them for contact info for the "trace" dept (their investigators). They'll tell you they need to talk to the driver (1-2 days), then the driver will say they left it at your door, then you big them and they will say the drivers supervisor must take them back to "where they remember dropping if off", and the driver will of course remember your house (cause they have your address). If you don't have some evidence they didn't deliver to you, you may be screwed. If it's on you (ie, delivered), file a police report at your local station. Bring all the dates, times, tracking numbers, etc. They'll give you a report/event number.
5. Call Premier again and ASK FOR A REFUND. Give them the police report number, or the Trace Agent who gave you a favorable resolution (lost or misdelivered). This takes a day or so.
6. Then call back and ask FOR YOUR UPGRADE ELIGIBILITY TO BE RESET, ON THE SAME LINE (they reseted my wife's line for some reason).
7. If they refuse, lookup small claims court at your local court self-help center. Fax the notices to ATT and I'm sure they'll settle.

Good luck.

Ps. When I posted my problems with ATT on social media, not only did ATT call me, but so did Verizon. They made me a good offer, and I may still take them up on it. Just FYI.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Can u guys help me too I'm really lost on this and I don't know what to do I have the same problem

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

good luck with getting help I am as I type on hold with my 14th person and its just insane . I returned my phone using there system follwed the instructions and now I am suppose to pay for the phone. I call one day and they dont have it the next they have it but recieved it late , I now have lost service because I will not pay for a phone I returned . ugh

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My phone was mis-delivered and now I'm waiting for an email confirming the missing phone is locked and also my new (replacement) phone has been ordered.  As soon as I receive the tracking number, I will call Fed-ex and request signature required only delivery.  I have also gone through the customer service nightmare.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm currently in the same mess. FedEx said they delivered to my front porch. I was home all day, They did not deliver. I'm only on my fifth call to AT&T. One hour calls each time re-explaining my situation and they have filed claims and promised to send replacements. It's been over a week and I still do not have a phone. I'm so exhausted. Did any of you finally get your phones? Any advice? Should I ask for a specific department when calling? Any luck going to a store?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

OMG that happened to me yesterday, fortunately the iPhone was mis-delivered and my kind neighbor found it in front of its door so delivered it to me this morning. I still don't get why would they send out iPhones costing more than $900 bucks with no signature required for delivery? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@MmeValente

I completely agree.  It's a controversial policy.  When they did require signature there was a big fuss about having to pick up the phone at FedEx. So they stopped requiring signatures and have this complaint instead 

Nutty

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.