For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cohog99's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 6:14 PM

3GS iPhones $49.95 AVAILABLE

The 3GS iPhone is available ALMOST anywhere for $49.95 (Radio Shack, ATT Store, Best Buy, Wal-Mart), to

name a few.  Just buy one, jailhouse unlock and get on with it.  If not familiar with 'unlocking' purchased phones

like e-bay, for instance....Just do a little research. I.E. Google, etc.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@cohog99 wrote:

The 3GS iPhone is available ALMOST anywhere for $49.95 (Radio Shack, ATT Store, Best Buy, Wal-Mart), to

name a few.  Just buy one, jailhouse unlock and get on with it.  If not familiar with 'unlocking' purchased phones

like e-bay, for instance....Just do a little research. I.E. Google, etc.

thing you are breezing through is you will not get that price without a 2 year contract, so what you say is still usless. You will end up paying over 400.00 when you try to get out of your contract -

1. 49.00 for the phone

2. 325.00 for etf

3. first month bill

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

And the purpose of this thread is to encourage people to unlock the iPhone or something like that by taking advantage of the new 3GS price? Just asking.

Even with the price reduction remember that neither AT&T nor Apple will releaseiPhone unlock codes to customer.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Nothing is impossible.... Are you familiar with the term "JAILHOUSE UNLOCK"?  Do a little research.

ANY locked phone can be unlocked...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Re my post and your reply....Maybe you missed the word, "JAILHOUSE".  Appropriately named because

prison inmates use the 'technique' to unlock 'locked' cell phones.

Scholar

• 

329 Messages

13 years ago

We still don't understand the reason for your post.  What good is an unlocked phone when you signed a 2 year contract with a huge ETF?

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

@cohog99 wrote:

Nothing is impossible.... Are you familiar with the term "JAILHOUSE UNLOCK"?  Do a little research.

ANY locked phone can be unlocked...

When did I write that you couldn't unlock iPhone through other methods? Smiley Indifferent

Re-read my post, I only wrote that AT&T and Apple don't assist with iPhone unlocks. There are third parties that can assist customer with that but that matter can't be discussed in this forum.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

I stand corrected and in agreement with your reply.

Guru

• 

641 Messages

13 years ago

Even with an unlocked 3gs you still are under a 2 year contract, thats whats required in order to get it at that price. and the term is actually jailbreak not jailhouse, but you were close 😉

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

13 years ago

Either way, great thread because I was unaware that the price change was universal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.