Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2012
7:07:39 PM
why take so long to ship my phone

Why hasn't my phone shipped yet? I ordered it 84 hours ago and it hasn't shipped.  I ordered an HTC One X.

Why hasn't my phone shipped yet? I ordered it 84 hours ago and it hasn't shipped.  I ordered an HTC One X.

why take so long to ship my phone

21 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 2:54:34 AM
(0)
Expert

justwondering897 wrote:

so you and and maybe a thousand other people order the same exact phone on cyber monday becasue the carrier ran a cyber monday loss leader and you expect to see it right away, doesn;t work that way, as far as 84 hours go - only business hours are a valid comparision - so you have been waiting around 24 hours.

Bottom ine - if you order on one of the heaviest online shopping days of the year don;t expect immediate gratification when you product is not there

justwondering897 wrote:

so you and and maybe a thousand other people order the same exact phone on cyber monday becasue the carrier ran a cyber monday loss leader and you expect to see it right away, doesn;t work that way, as far as 84 hours go - only business hours are a valid comparision - so you have been waiting around 24 hours.

Bottom ine - if you order on one of the heaviest online shopping days of the year don;t expect immediate gratification when you product is not there

Re: why take so long to ship my phone

2 of 22 (5,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 8:40:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

That was a very rude answer.

Here's the reality of it.  I ordered an upgrade on Black Friday.  Was sent an email saying it would be shipped in 2-5 days.  So today is a week later, still hasn't been shipped.  I realize there was a spike in sales, but here's the thing.

I spoke with AT&T about what the hold up is.  They informed me that they never had the phones to begin with and do not know when they will get them.

So essentially I have paid $100 for a phone that they didn't have and don't know when they'll get and they sold a lot of phones to people that they didn't even have.  A lot of these were refurbished phones which means they have to wait for them to come in from other places, refurbish them and then ship them.  That should have been stated in the sale and they should not have sent emails saying it would be shipped within 2-5 days when they had no idea when they would be shipped, seeing as how they didn't even have the phones and didn't know when they would get them.  Be honest about your sales practices when you sell people something and people won't get so upset easily.

I ordered an upgrade Windows phone for my husband about a week before this. It was shippsed within that same day.  This is why people are getting upset bc they know AT&T ships fast and didn't disclose to them that they had no idea when it would be shipped bc they didn't even have the phones.

Respect goes a long ways, in business and internet posts.

Here's the reality of it.  I ordered an upgrade on Black Friday.  Was sent an email saying it would be shipped in 2-5 days.  So today is a week later, still hasn't been shipped.  I realize there was a spike in sales, but here's the thing.

I spoke with AT&T about what the hold up is.  They informed me that they never had the phones to begin with and do not know when they will get them.

So essentially I have paid $100 for a phone that they didn't have and don't know when they'll get and they sold a lot of phones to people that they didn't even have.  A lot of these were refurbished phones which means they have to wait for them to come in from other places, refurbish them and then ship them.  That should have been stated in the sale and they should not have sent emails saying it would be shipped within 2-5 days when they had no idea when they would be shipped, seeing as how they didn't even have the phones and didn't know when they would get them.  Be honest about your sales practices when you sell people something and people won't get so upset easily.

I ordered an upgrade Windows phone for my husband about a week before this. It was shippsed within that same day.  This is why people are getting upset bc they know AT&T ships fast and didn't disclose to them that they had no idea when it would be shipped bc they didn't even have the phones.

3 of 22 (5,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 9:10:59 AM
(0)
Expert

anotherday wrote:

being blunt and truthful is not rude. The 2 to 5 days is a estimate, it is not set in stone, if you can show where they have it in writing that it will ship in 2 to 5 business days after you order it then it is set in stone. The same exact thing happened when the iphone 5 was released, no product, no ship

anotherday wrote:

being blunt and truthful is not rude. The 2 to 5 days is a estimate, it is not set in stone, if you can show where they have it in writing that it will ship in 2 to 5 business days after you order it then it is set in stone. The same exact thing happened when the iphone 5 was released, no product, no ship

4 of 22 (5,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 9:14:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm guessing that AT&T has a supply chain that operates more than 8 hour per day.  Also, if AT&T didn't anticipate high demand on cyber Monday, it needs to reassess its business.  The failure to anticipate demand and allocate sufficient resources in response might be why "AT&T was among the lower-scoring providers, ..." according to Consumer Reports on 29-Nov-2012 (http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2012/11/verizon-leads-among-major-carriers-in-latest-...)

I'm guessing that AT&T has a supply chain that operates more than 8 hour per day.  Also, if AT&T didn't anticipate high demand on cyber Monday, it needs to reassess its business.  The failure to anticipate demand and allocate sufficient resources in response might be why "AT&T was among the lower-scoring providers, ..." according to Consumer Reports on 29-Nov-2012 (http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2012/11/verizon-leads-among-major-carriers-in-latest-consumer-reports-cell-phone-service-ratings.html)

5 of 22 (5,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 9:31:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

You miss the point.  They could have told the customers when you buy this phone, be aware that we have no idea when you'll get it.

You miss the point.  They could have told the customers when you buy this phone, be aware that we have no idea when you'll get it.

6 of 22 (5,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 9:32:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

justwondering897 wrote:

I'm guessing that AT&T has a supply chain that operates more than 8 hour per day.  Also, if AT&T didn't anticipate high demand on cyber Monday, it needs to reassess its business.  The failure to anticipate demand and allocate sufficient resources in response might be why "AT&T was among the lower-scoring providers, ..." according to Consumer Reports on 29-Nov-2012 (http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2012/11/verizon-leads-among-major-carriers-in-latest-...)

Exactly

justwondering897 wrote:

I'm guessing that AT&T has a supply chain that operates more than 8 hour per day.  Also, if AT&T didn't anticipate high demand on cyber Monday, it needs to reassess its business.  The failure to anticipate demand and allocate sufficient resources in response might be why "AT&T was among the lower-scoring providers, ..." according to Consumer Reports on 29-Nov-2012 (http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2012/11/verizon-leads-among-major-carriers-in-latest-consumer-reports-cell-phone-service-ratings.html)

Exactly

7 of 22 (5,551 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 11:48:37 AM
(0)
Expert

anotherday wrote:

No I don;t "miss the point" I already knew when I ordered items online on cyber monday that shipment would be longer then normal, especially on specially priced loss leaders, don;t expect to see anything till middle to end of next week, long as it gets here, I don;t care when.

anotherday wrote:

No I don;t "miss the point" I already knew when I ordered items online on cyber monday that shipment would be longer then normal, especially on specially priced loss leaders, don;t expect to see anything till middle to end of next week, long as it gets here, I don;t care when.

8 of 22 (5,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 12:11:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

Well good for you, but others do care.

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

9 of 22 (5,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 6:58:15 PM
(0)
Expert

anotherday wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

Others also need to realize they where other people ordering the same items and if their order was accepted before theirs they are pushed down the food chain for delivery. Cyber Monday purchasing is not meant for instant gratification, patience is a virtue and remembering all times are business days and not weekdays

anotherday wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

Others also need to realize they where other people ordering the same items and if their order was accepted before theirs they are pushed down the food chain for delivery. Cyber Monday purchasing is not meant for instant gratification, patience is a virtue and remembering all times are business days and not weekdays

10 of 22 (5,468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2012 8:47:20 AM
(0)
Expert
Question, did you speak to customer care or the online department, I ask because neither department can see the others inventory of phones at any time, so customer care doesn't have the phone does not mean the online department does not have the phone. also the phone was ordered on November 26 it has only been 4 business days so far.
Question, did you speak to customer care or the online department, I ask because neither department can see the others inventory of phones at any time, so customer care doesn't have the phone does not mean the online department does not have the phone. also the phone was ordered on November 26 it has only been 4 business days so far.

11 of 22 (5,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:49:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is the email I received this morning for a phone that was ordered on Black Friday, not Cyber Monday as you keep referring to.

Thank you for your recent purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased that you chose AT&T as your service provider. Due to overwhelming demand for the Black Friday refurbished smartphones, you can expect your device to ship in approximately 14-21 business days from today. For orders that receive a ship confirmation email by December 18th you should receive your order by December 24th. If you wish to change your order please call Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008. As a reminder, you will receive an email from the AT&T Premier Team confirming shipment along with the carrier information and tracking number to track your shipment online.

So ladies and gentlemen, AT&T knew that Black Friday was the busiest shopping day of the year and instead of making sure they had the inventory for it, they are not going to ship your order until a month after you made it.  MAYBE.Hope none of you were planning to give these as Christmas presents

This is the email I received this morning for a phone that was ordered on Black Friday, not Cyber Monday as you keep referring to.

Thank you for your recent purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased that you chose AT&T as your service provider. Due to overwhelming demand for the Black Friday refurbished smartphones, you can expect your device to ship in approximately 14-21 business days from today. For orders that receive a ship confirmation email by December 18th you should receive your order by December 24th. If you wish to change your order please call Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008. As a reminder, you will receive an email from the AT&T Premier Team confirming shipment along with the carrier information and tracking number to track your shipment online.

So ladies and gentlemen, AT&T knew that Black Friday was the busiest shopping day of the year and instead of making sure they had the inventory for it, they are not going to ship your order until a month after you made it.  MAYBE.Hope none of you were planning to give these as Christmas presents

12 of 22 (5,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 8:41:52 AM
(0)
Expert

anotherday wrote:

same thing, just a different day, both are days that loss leaders are put up in hope os driving up sales

anotherday wrote:

same thing, just a different day, both are days that loss leaders are put up in hope os driving up sales

13 of 22 (5,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 8:45:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by anotherday on Dec 3, 2012 at 8:46:35 AM

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

You just like to argue.

Iphone 5's are not loss leaders and that is what I ordered.

All other retailers limit Black Friday supplies to what they have on hand.

When they do not or something is not in stock, they tell you, this is not in stock and will be backordered.

AT&T shouldn't have sold thousands of phones they didn't have.

When they do, they should tell the customer they do not have that phone and it will take at least a month for them to receive it.

Spin it each and every way you wish, it does not change that what AT&T did was wrong.  Period. End of story.

wingrider01 wrote:

anotherday wrote:

You just like to argue.

Iphone 5's are not loss leaders and that is what I ordered.

All other retailers limit Black Friday supplies to what they have on hand.

When they do not or something is not in stock, they tell you, this is not in stock and will be backordered.

AT&T shouldn't have sold thousands of phones they didn't have.

When they do, they should tell the customer they do not have that phone and it will take at least a month for them to receive it.

Spin it each and every way you wish, it does not change that what AT&T did was wrong.  Period. End of story.

[ Edited ]
14 of 22 (5,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:05:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am having the same issue, I have been a loyal ATT customer for over 10 years and bought many phones and have never had any delay in receiving. When my status did not change in my order status after 3 days I made a phone call to inquire. The customer service rep gave me another number to call, that rep could not tell me any status and gave me yet another number to call, after I hung up I discovered it was the same as the first number I called. It is total hogwash they were over whelmed with orders, they are a multi million dollar business who has a supply chain quite capable to manage a few thousand orders and also quite capable to reflect a back order or out of stock advisory. The issue as I see it is lacking a bit of integrity to at least let the buying public know what the status is. I will remain a customer since this is my first problem, but this is unacceptable period and it is a shame some dingleberry in the management team has made the mistake of not telling the truth......

I am having the same issue, I have been a loyal ATT customer for over 10 years and bought many phones and have never had any delay in receiving. When my status did not change in my order status after 3 days I made a phone call to inquire. The customer service rep gave me another number to call, that rep could not tell me any status and gave me yet another number to call, after I hung up I discovered it was the same as the first number I called. It is total hogwash they were over whelmed with orders, they are a multi million dollar business who has a supply chain quite capable to manage a few thousand orders and also quite capable to reflect a back order or out of stock advisory. The issue as I see it is lacking a bit of integrity to at least let the buying public know what the status is. I will remain a customer since this is my first problem, but this is unacceptable period and it is a shame some dingleberry in the management team has made the mistake of not telling the truth......

15 of 22 (5,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 8:24:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

Here's an update. My phone arrived today. It was sent after 108 hours.

16 of 22 (5,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 2:37:11 AM
(0)
Expert

justwondering897 wrote:

glad you got it - now convert those 108 hours to business hours to see exactly how long it really took - companies don;t deal in 24 hour time slices when it comes to shipping and order processing, they deal in business hours which is normally 8 hours in a day

justwondering897 wrote:

glad you got it - now convert those 108 hours to business hours to see exactly how long it really took - companies don;t deal in 24 hour time slices when it comes to shipping and order processing, they deal in business hours which is normally 8 hours in a day

17 of 22 (5,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 6:25:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

justwondering897 wrote:

Glad you have your phone!!  Hoping they don't take as long for me as their email told me which is another 3 weeks on top of the week and a half already passed.   Just ignore the one that is trying to spin it 100 different ways.  This was a bad idea on AT&T's part.

justwondering897 wrote:

Glad you have your phone!!  Hoping they don't take as long for me as their email told me which is another 3 weeks on top of the week and a half already passed.   Just ignore the one that is trying to spin it 100 different ways.  This was a bad idea on AT&T's part.

18 of 22 (5,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 9:20:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

well i have been waiting since 11-26 and all they kept telling me was they did not now, today someone told me it is in the warehouse and should ship today or tomorrow, maybe it will or maybe they were just trying to shut me up. I told them if they had told us the phones were out of stock we could have decided if we wanted to wait weeks or not. This was just not right.

well i have been waiting since 11-26 and all they kept telling me was they did not now, today someone told me it is in the warehouse and should ship today or tomorrow, maybe it will or maybe they were just trying to shut me up. I told them if they had told us the phones were out of stock we could have decided if we wanted to wait weeks or not. This was just not right.

19 of 22 (5,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 11:30:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

lredmond66 wrote:

I've said the same to them.  The customer rep just said ma'am I cannot help you, I can just tell you the status (in a foreign accent). I ordered mine 11-23.  Still "processing", which I assume is code word for we're still looking for one to refurbish and mail to you.

lredmond66 wrote:

I've said the same to them.  The customer rep just said ma'am I cannot help you, I can just tell you the status (in a foreign accent). I ordered mine 11-23.  Still "processing", which I assume is code word for we're still looking for one to refurbish and mail to you.

20 of 22 (5,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 12:54:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

I order stuff from Newegg every Black Friday, and my orders always ship same or next day.  They actually staff more people to account for extra demad, and when a product is sold out, they tell you so.  Newegg, or Newegg partner, it doesn't matter, order always ships fast, any time of year.

I ordered 2 phones last wednesday, and they haven't shipped, 6 days later.  Its not even a holidy, its Feb 25. I would have done in store pickup, but they were out of stock.

I order stuff from Newegg every Black Friday, and my orders always ship same or next day.  They actually staff more people to account for extra demad, and when a product is sold out, they tell you so.  Newegg, or Newegg partner, it doesn't matter, order always ships fast, any time of year.

I ordered 2 phones last wednesday, and they haven't shipped, 6 days later.  Its not even a holidy, its Feb 25. I would have done in store pickup, but they were out of stock.

21 of 22 (3,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 3:28:44 PM
(0)
Expert

xeridea wrote:

If the retail outlet was out of stock, 99 percent chance the online shop is out also

xeridea wrote:

If the retail outlet was out of stock, 99 percent chance the online shop is out also

22 of 22 (3,657 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments