why do I have 100$ extra charges plus 10$ taxes?

Tutor

why do I have 100$ extra charges plus 10$ taxes?

I have a shared plan of 3 phones .. two smart phones with 30$ 3gb data plan and one flip phone with out internet .. and att is telling me that i have to pay 80$ extra payments for one smart phone and 20$ for the other one and just 2$ for the flip phone .. why is that happening? i got the viva mexico 700 family plan
Message 1 of 9 (607 Views)
Highlighted
Former Employee

Re: why do I have 100$ extra charges plus 10$ taxes?

Hey tjxolo,

There are couple of possibilities (you can see what the charges are for on your bill), could be data or minutes overages, $2 on your basic phone is definitely for ppu data access. Have you made any changes to your plan recently?

d.

Message 2 of 9 (558 Views)
Tutor

i did but not in this month .. i upgraded one phone from 300mbs. to 3gbs internet.. just that..
Message 3 of 9 (540 Views)
Tutor

i added a new line too .. at the beggining of the month .. they charged me 36$ for that and its ok ... but the are charging me 295$ for the month and thats alot
Message 4 of 9 (538 Views)
Former Employee

Yeah, that's kind of high. Do you have a bill you can look at?

d.

Message 5 of 9 (536 Views)
Tutor

i do ... it says everything , taxes , etc ,, then extra charges 80$ , 20$ and 2$ .. it just says extra charges ..
Message 6 of 9 (529 Views)
Employee

If you have questions regarding your bill, you can contact ATTCustomerCare on here, and they'll be glad to explain it and help you better understand your bill.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 9 (522 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

tjxolo wrote:
i added a new line too .. at the beggining of the month .. they charged me 36$ for that and its ok ... but the are charging me 295$ for the month and thats alot

If this is the first bill after adding the line the bill is pro-rated for that new line. The bill is broken down by cell number, go through each line and see where the additional charges are at. suspect a majority of it will be on the new line

look at this link to see how the bill is broken down and how it is pro-rated

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Wireless-Reading-Your-Bill-and-Understanding-the-Charges-v...

Message 8 of 9 (502 Views)
Community Support

Hi tjxolo,

I think may be on the right track with the explanation of prorated charges for your bill. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly for some more information so we can go over the bill with you in detail.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 9 of 9 (469 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.