what should i do if bought a cell phone at the goodwill and it was reported lost

Contributor

what should i do if bought a cell phone at the goodwill and it was reported lost

Im tring to find out what i should do if i bought an iphone at a thrift store an i checked it on your guys website it says the phone was reported lost or stolen so what im i to do next . I was tring to make it a prepaid phone i was able to restore it works great on my wifi but i really would like to hook it  up to use it what can i do?

Message 1 of 3 (352 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: what should i do if bought a cell phone at the goodwill and it was reported lost

If it was reported lost or stolen, you cannot use it. It has been black listed and cannot be activate. return it to the goodwill store for a refund and advise them of that fact or return it to AT&T.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: what should i do if bought a cell phone at the goodwill and it was reported lost

[ Edited ]

Hey sillygirl027439,

That really is the pits. If your phone was stolen, we wouldn't want anyone else to be able to sweettalk their way into being able to use it.
That just gives thieves a reason to steal phones in the first place, and we want to undermine that as much as possible.

You probably have 2 good options.

A) Be nice. Return the phone to one of our corporate locations and we'll work hard to get it back to the person who lost it.

B) Contact goodwill. Different areas have different policies. Some will only accept clothing back. If you explain that you it was not what you expected, maybe, they may let you return it.

Otherwise, . . . you really don't have any rights as the person who bought stolen equipment.

Just don't buy it anymore . . ., or at the very least check the return policy

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.