visual notification when recieving a text message

Teacher

visual notification when recieving a text message

We had to have our HTC first phone replaced under warranty.  With the original phones when we reieved a text message we would hear a tone indicating we had recieved a message.  We would also get a small icon on the screen that was basically a short cut to the message we rec'd.  Now we get the tone, but not the icon.  I have looked at both the manual and every setting I can think of with no success.  I made the error of getting on a chat with ATT support, and all he could tell me was that he couldn't find anyting in the setup information.  I got that far without his help.  if anyone knows what to do please let me know

Message 1 of 4 (345 Views)
Expert

Re: visual notification when recieving a text message

I found this and it should be on pg. 17 of your manual...have you looked to make sure the LED notification is Active??

Notification LED
To activate the notification LED, on the Settings app, tap Display > LED Active. The
notification LED shows a:
§ Solid green light when HTC First is connected to the power adapter or a
computer and the battery is fully charged.
§ Flashing green light when you have a pending notification.
§ Solid orange light when the battery is being charged.
§ Flashing orange light when the battery level reaches very low

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)
Teacher

Do you understand the term ICON.  not a light on the case of the phone, but an icon on the screen.  not that it really matters.  nothing is going to show up when we don't have any network signal.  just like our original phones we are restarting out phones about 3 time a day just to be able to make a call. 

Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Excuse me??? I most certainly know what the term ICON means. With that attitude, I hope someone will take the TIME to help you.

You also failed to mention, in your first post, that you had no network signal.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.