Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2013
10:43:59 AM
View profile
upgrading to a new phone...

hi 

The current line i'm using is not elgible for an upgrade but there is another line on my plan that is eligble for an upgrade. 

Is there anyway I can upgrade a different line to get the subsidized price for a phone and use it for my line?

I did an upgrade a  year ago and what happened was that my phone sim card that I was using didn't work because I upgraded that line and I had to get a new sim card.  

hi 

The current line i'm using is not elgible for an upgrade but there is another line on my plan that is eligble for an upgrade. 

Is there anyway I can upgrade a different line to get the subsidized price for a phone and use it for my line?

I did an upgrade a  year ago and what happened was that my phone sim card that I was using didn't work because I upgraded that line and I had to get a new sim card.  

upgrading to a new phone...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 12:58:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yes, you can use the the eligible line to upgrade. However, keep in mind that you would need to call AT&T once the phone arrives and update the IMEI on your line so the appropriate data plan is put in place.

You would also give them the IMEI of the second phone (the old one on the second line) so that they ca continue using that phone as normal.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Yes, you can use the the eligible line to upgrade. However, keep in mind that you would need to call AT&T once the phone arrives and update the IMEI on your line so the appropriate data plan is put in place.

You would also give them the IMEI of the second phone (the old one on the second line) so that they ca continue using that phone as normal.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: upgrading to a new phone...

2 of 2 (347 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments