upgrading to a new phone...

Contributor

upgrading to a new phone...

hi 

The current line i'm using is not elgible for an upgrade but there is another line on my plan that is eligble for an upgrade. 

Is there anyway I can upgrade a different line to get the subsidized price for a phone and use it for my line?

I did an upgrade a  year ago and what happened was that my phone sim card that I was using didn't work because I upgraded that line and I had to get a new sim card.  

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: upgrading to a new phone...

Yes, you can use the the eligible line to upgrade. However, keep in mind that you would need to call AT&T once the phone arrives and update the IMEI on your line so the appropriate data plan is put in place.

You would also give them the IMEI of the second phone (the old one on the second line) so that they ca continue using that phone as normal.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support