Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 20, 2014
5:05:36 PM
View profile
upgrading phone + data plan problems
Hi,
I have an iPhone 4 that is eligible for upgrade. I want to apply its upgrade to another line, but when I go to order the phone I want, it requires that I upgrade the line with the iPhone 4 to an LTE data plan. What should I do here?
Hi,
I have an iPhone 4 that is eligible for upgrade. I want to apply its upgrade to another line, but when I go to order the phone I want, it requires that I upgrade the line with the iPhone 4 to an LTE data plan. What should I do here?

upgrading phone + data plan problems

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 7:06:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

As far as I know, you have to upgrade the data plan to be compatible with the device that you are getting.  Once you get the new device, take your current phone and the new phone to an AT&T corporate store and tell them that you did a cross-upgrade online.  You want to get the proper SIM cards for each phone and have the proper data plans on each line where the phones will actually be used.  The store should be able to take care of this for you.

This type of upgrade situation is usually easier to take care of in a corporate store than online for reasons like this.

As far as I know, you have to upgrade the data plan to be compatible with the device that you are getting.  Once you get the new device, take your current phone and the new phone to an AT&T corporate store and tell them that you did a cross-upgrade online.  You want to get the proper SIM cards for each phone and have the proper data plans on each line where the phones will actually be used.  The store should be able to take care of this for you.

This type of upgrade situation is usually easier to take care of in a corporate store than online for reasons like this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: upgrading phone + data plan problems

2 of 3 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 2:30:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Mar 22, 2014 at 2:31:25 PM

The LTE plans are largely the same as their non-LTE counterparts.

$30 3gb, vs $30 3gb LTE

MSV $40 iphone vs MSV $40 iphone with LTE.

The LTE is just indicative that network will try to use LTE to connect if available, with the respective faster speeds.

-Alex

The LTE plans are largely the same as their non-LTE counterparts.

$30 3gb, vs $30 3gb LTE

MSV $40 iphone vs MSV $40 iphone with LTE.

The LTE is just indicative that network will try to use LTE to connect if available, with the respective faster speeds.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: upgrading phone + data plan problems

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (402 Views)