upgrading one phone in a family plan

Observer

upgrading one phone in a family plan

i have a 3 lines(none are smartphones) at the moment but i want to upgrade one of the lines to an Iphone  what charges would be added if i were to do this? 

Message 1 of 3 (2,502 Views)
Expert

Re: upgrading one phone in a family plan

[ Edited ]

rolas16 wrote:

i have a 3 lines(none are smartphones) at the moment but i want to upgrade one of the lines to an Iphone  what charges would be added if i were to do this? 

if the line is eligible for a discount the additional costs would be

1. mandatory data plan - http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans-new.html#fbid=sJ2rudJjc7K

2. one time activation fee of 36.00

the first bill will be pro-rated so it will be higher then your normal bill after the first one

Message 2 of 3 (2,476 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: upgrading one phone in a family plan

Upgrading one of your currently 3 non Smartphone lines to a Smartphone you only need to add a data plan. Your calling and messaging plans will remain in tact. Currently there are 3 data plan options on your current Family Plans available. You can choose 300MB at $20, 3GB at $30 or 5GB at $50. Along with your one time upgrade/activation fee of $36 that will reflect on your next billing cycle, about 30 days from activation. Below you will find some measurements to help you know what may be the best data option for you. I am also including a data calculator, so you can estimate your own usage.

Data Calculator http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html

What’s a megabyte (MB)

A megabyte is a unit for measuring data. Whenever you send an e-mail, download a photo, or view a Web page, your phone is sending or receiving data. When it comes to cell phones, 1 MB of data is equal to roughly one of the tasks below:

• Sending or receiving 50 e-mails (without attachments)

• Streaming 2 minutes of music

• Viewing 1 web page

• Posting 3 photos to your Facebook page

• Watching 30 seconds of video on YouTube (Sites like Netflix stream higher quality video, meaning you’ll use even more data)

What’s a gigabyte (GB)

Even though typical customers use no more than 750 MB of data per month, many pricey data plans offer an even larger amount of capacity, measured by the gigabyte (GB). One gigabyte, which is about 1,000 megabytes, roughly equals one of the tasks below:

• Sending or receiving 50,000 e-mails (without attachments)

• Streaming 33 hours of music

• Viewing 1,000 web pages

• Posting 2,800 photos to your Facebook page

• Watching more than 8 hours of video on YouTube (Higher quality video, like Netflix, uses even more data)

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (2,426 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.