10-12-2013 2:43 PM - edited 10-12-2013 2:45 PM
i have a 3 lines(none are smartphones) at the moment but i want to upgrade one of the lines to an Iphone what charges would be added if i were to do this?
if the line is eligible for a discount the additional costs would be
1. mandatory data plan - http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans-new.html#fb
2. one time activation fee of 36.00
the first bill will be pro-rated so it will be higher then your normal bill after the first one
10-13-2013 2:17 PM
Upgrading one of your currently 3 non Smartphone lines to a Smartphone you only need to add a data plan. Your calling and messaging plans will remain in tact. Currently there are 3 data plan options on your current Family Plans available. You can choose 300MB at $20, 3GB at $30 or 5GB at $50. Along with your one time upgrade/activation fee of $36 that will reflect on your next billing cycle, about 30 days from activation. Below you will find some measurements to help you know what may be the best data option for you. I am also including a data calculator, so you can estimate your own usage.
Data Calculator http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/inde
What’s a megabyte (MB)
A megabyte is a unit for measuring data. Whenever you send an e-mail, download a photo, or view a Web page, your phone is sending or receiving data. When it comes to cell phones, 1 MB of data is equal to roughly one of the tasks below:
• Sending or receiving 50 e-mails (without attachments)
• Streaming 2 minutes of music
• Viewing 1 web page
• Posting 3 photos to your Facebook page
• Watching 30 seconds of video on YouTube (Sites like Netﬂix stream higher quality video, meaning you’ll use even more data)
What’s a gigabyte (GB)
Even though typical customers use no more than 750 MB of data per month, many pricey data plans oﬀer an even larger amount of capacity, measured by the gigabyte (GB). One gigabyte, which is about 1,000 megabytes, roughly equals one of the tasks below:
• Sending or receiving 50,000 e-mails (without attachments)
• Streaming 33 hours of music
• Viewing 1,000 web pages
• Posting 2,800 photos to your Facebook page
• Watching more than 8 hours of video on YouTube (Higher quality video, like Netﬂix, uses even more data)
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!