unauthorized device

Highlighted
Contributor

unauthorized device

Dear sirs,

I have iphone 4S , and i upgraded to iOS version 6.1.3 and i got my phone locked !
I purchased the unlock from Gevey but so far i still get the same message, though i can see my signal and 3G in the bar but it says " unauthorized device " so how to handle this issue?
Message 1 of 4 (508 Views)
Expert

Re: unauthorized device

Feras.allaou wrote:
Dear sirs,

I have iphone 4S , and i upgraded to iOS version 6.1.3 and i got my phone locked !
I purchased the unlock from Gevey but so far i still get the same message, though i can see my signal and 3G in the bar but it says " unauthorized device " so how to handle this issue?

unfortunately the Gevey method is not supported here, you might try and contacting the peopole that sold you the unlock bypass. If you are the original att customer that got the phone from att or paid full retail price from an authorized att outlet with the reciept you can request an official factory unlock of the phone. If not then contact Gevey

Message 2 of 4 (493 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for your support ! 

so there is no fear from  "unauthorized device", I heard that the device is damaged if I got this message.

I will try another solution, because I'm not the one who bought the device and unfortunately i'm in Malaysia !

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4 (467 Views)
Expert

Feras.allaou wrote:

Thank you for your support ! 

so there is no fear from  "unauthorized device", I heard that the device is damaged if I got this message.

I will try another solution, because I'm not the one who bought the device and unfortunately i'm in Malaysia !

Thanks again.

never said that, never used the device, not approved by apple, with teh current law in the US it is illegal to unlock a phone by any other method then the carrier. You need to contact the manufacturer of the Gevey and talk to their tech support. The error may or may not be an indication of damage or possible damage. Would highly recommend NOT using it until you can get in touch with whatever company supports that unlock method you are trying to use.

My repsonse was meant for you to contact Gevy support and ask them, not saying that the message could be a indication of possible damage by use.

Bottom line - would not use it until you verify with Gevy

Message 4 of 4 (459 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.