switching phones

Contributor

switching phones

i have a at&t samsung flip phone right now. it has a at&t 3G sim card in it and im planning to buy a samsung impression. can i put the sim card into the samsung impression and it will work fine with no problems?
Message 1 of 5 (1,802 Views)
Professor

Re: switching phones

As long as it's AT&T-branded or unlocked you should have no problems.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,790 Views)
Scholar

CORRECT. If you have an AT&T sim it will work with any AT&T phone. Just make sure you are aware of the data and or message plan.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (1,771 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

This isn't entirely true.. I have a contract phone through my brother and my SIM Card that is a 3g card was orginally in a nokia phone is not compatable with anything so far but a really old Nokia phone. My orginal phone was from 2010 and the one I am currently using that is about to break is from at least 2008 or older. I have attempted to try a Alcatel phone(go phone) and a ATT phone(generic) both are were in the $20 range and purchased at Bestbuy. Both of these phones gave me the message of SIM Not Allowed MM #3. I think sometimes if a card is in a certain brand phone for 2 years or more they don't like anything but that brand phone. Although, my brother got the ATT (generic) phone and has no problems in the transition. Not sure what happened there though. So In the end I can't change the phone(brother lives 600 miles away and doesn't want to give rights to me) and have to go back to my orig. that doesn't work that great. 

Oh well, will live another day though. 

Message 4 of 5 (992 Views)
Contributor

I have the same problem!
Message 5 of 5 (513 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.