Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2013
10:52:03 AM
View profile
switching phone number to an upgrade eligible smartphone (iPhone)

My wife is upgrade eligible but doesn't want to get a new phone. We have 2 separate lines under the same account name. Was thinking of getting her upgrade eligible smartphone (iphone 5s) to replace my HTC One. Wasn't really happy with it. Can I switch my number to this new smartphone? Can I bring an iphone 5s from another retailer and have the ATT Corporate Store do the switch? Thanks!  

My wife is upgrade eligible but doesn't want to get a new phone. We have 2 separate lines under the same account name. Was thinking of getting her upgrade eligible smartphone (iphone 5s) to replace my HTC One. Wasn't really happy with it. Can I switch my number to this new smartphone? Can I bring an iphone 5s from another retailer and have the ATT Corporate Store do the switch? Thanks!  

switching phone number to an upgrade eligible smartphone (iPhone)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:25:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Usually, yes. There are some retailers that have additional requirements that will not allow certain switching, depending on which retailer you use.

Most brick and mortar retailers, (Best buy, Walmart, etc) it is usually not a problem but with some online retailers (wirefly, amazon, etc) it may be.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Usually, yes. There are some retailers that have additional requirements that will not allow certain switching, depending on which retailer you use.

Most brick and mortar retailers, (Best buy, Walmart, etc) it is usually not a problem but with some online retailers (wirefly, amazon, etc) it may be.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: switching phone number to an upgrade eligible smartphone (iPhone)

2 of 2 (605 Views)