swapping iphones?

Contributor

swapping iphones?

i have an iPhone 5 and I'm not eligible to upgrade. I have a friend who has att, an iPhone 4, and is eligible to upgrade. I want the new iPhone and my friend wants an upgrade but doesn't want to spend the money for the new iPhone. is it possible for them to buy the new iPhone then transfer it to my account and then transfer my iPhone to them?
Message 1 of 3 (3,476 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: swapping iphones?

dnysveen wrote:
i have an iPhone 5 and I'm not eligible to upgrade. I have a friend who has att, an iPhone 4, and is eligible to upgrade. I want the new iPhone and my friend wants an upgrade but doesn't want to spend the money for the new iPhone. is it possible for them to buy the new iPhone then transfer it to my account and then transfer my iPhone to them?

Yes, you can swap phones. Presuming the new iphone also has a nano-sim, all you will need to do is take your sim out of your iphone5 and put it in the new iphone, then either call CS or go online and update your account with the new IMEI number. Same thing for your friend, they would take the sim out of the new iphone and put it in the iphone5.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (3,451 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: swapping iphones?

Although, the new iPhoen will probably need to be activated before you swap SIM cards.  IIRC, new iPhones come pre-configured to the account on which they are bought (unless you buy it in a retail store in which case it would be activated on the spot before he leaves).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (3,402 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.