Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 31, 2013
2:53:04 AM
View profile
sim card related
If take my sim card out of my locked phone, could I use it in another at&t locked or unlocked phone?
If take my sim card out of my locked phone, could I use it in another at&t locked or unlocked phone?

sim card related

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 2:17:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you should be able to switch between phones no matter if they're locked to AT&T or unlocked. If you are a contract/postpaid customer and plan on using a smartphone(s) with varying operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry), make sure that you call in to customer service to switch your data plan to the appropriate plan type every time you switch - mainly between Apple and non-Apple devices. This ensures that all features will work correctly that may be unique to a specific OS.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, you should be able to switch between phones no matter if they're locked to AT&T or unlocked. If you are a contract/postpaid customer and plan on using a smartphone(s) with varying operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry), make sure that you call in to customer service to switch your data plan to the appropriate plan type every time you switch - mainly between Apple and non-Apple devices. This ensures that all features will work correctly that may be unique to a specific OS.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: sim card related

2 of 4 (522 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 2:41:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I believe when you call to switch plans the usage gets prorated (unless you're on a grandfathered unlimited plan). Since most of the features will work correctly without a plan update (I've moved my SIM from my Android to iPhone to Blackberry to Windows Phone without any trouble) I would recommend that the call to switch is only made when it won't cause you to go into overages. For example if you managed to use 2GB out of 3 total two weeks into the billing cycle, don't call right away -- wait till the end of the billing cycle and make the switch on the last day.
I believe when you call to switch plans the usage gets prorated (unless you're on a grandfathered unlimited plan). Since most of the features will work correctly without a plan update (I've moved my SIM from my Android to iPhone to Blackberry to Windows Phone without any trouble) I would recommend that the call to switch is only made when it won't cause you to go into overages. For example if you managed to use 2GB out of 3 total two weeks into the billing cycle, don't call right away -- wait till the end of the billing cycle and make the switch on the last day.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 3:17:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dmapr wrote:

Great suggestion. If you have moved your SIM from phone to phone without any issues, then perhaps the data plan specific to iPhones and other general smartphones is not necessary unless any issues occur. Going by what I have heard from other users in the past. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dmapr wrote:

Great suggestion. If you have moved your SIM from phone to phone without any issues, then perhaps the data plan specific to iPhones and other general smartphones is not necessary unless any issues occur. Going by what I have heard from other users in the past. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

4 of 4 (511 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments