Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2013
10:03:05 PM
View profile
refill card expiration time

I purchased the Samsung a157 phone and chose the .10 cents a minute, as i dont make many calls. it show it as having no monthly charge. I purchased a $25 card thinking that it would last me quite awile at .10 cents a minute. Once I activated it...it shows it will expire in 90 days. From reading the plans...i thought it would just charge me .10 cent a minute when i used the phone. If the $25 expires in 90 days...it is not the plan i want. I just need a cell phone rarely. I probably dont use a cell phone more than 4 or 5 times in a 90 day span. $25 is more expensive than i had planned. I can go back to Tracfone with cost like that.

Is there a plan for someone that hardly ever uses the phone? If so, which would that be? I dont understand the 10 cent a minute and showing no monthly charge, yet if it expires in 90 days, isnt that like a monthly charge?

Thanks.

DJV

I purchased the Samsung a157 phone and chose the .10 cents a minute, as i dont make many calls. it show it as having no monthly charge. I purchased a $25 card thinking that it would last me quite awile at .10 cents a minute. Once I activated it...it shows it will expire in 90 days. From reading the plans...i thought it would just charge me .10 cent a minute when i used the phone. If the $25 expires in 90 days...it is not the plan i want. I just need a cell phone rarely. I probably dont use a cell phone more than 4 or 5 times in a 90 day span. $25 is more expensive than i had planned. I can go back to Tracfone with cost like that.

Is there a plan for someone that hardly ever uses the phone? If so, which would that be? I dont understand the 10 cent a minute and showing no monthly charge, yet if it expires in 90 days, isnt that like a monthly charge?

Thanks.

DJV

refill card expiration time

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 4:36:45 AM
(0)
Expert

I'm not an expert about Prepaid plans but it seems to me the only Prepaid options so as to not have a monthly "plan" would be the 10 cents a minute or $2.00/day option, from what I just read. Here's a little info about them...

10 cents a Minute Plan

$2.00 Daily Unlimited Plan

I also found this information that may be helpful to you. 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/refill-denomination-expiration-period-for-GoPhone-plans/m-p/3490571...

You should be able to contact Customer Care by dialing 611 and have them change your Pay As You Go "Plan"to a less costly one if you'd like. It seems, since you added the $25 card, that's why it's telling you that it will expire in 90 days. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

I'm not an expert about Prepaid plans but it seems to me the only Prepaid options so as to not have a monthly "plan" would be the 10 cents a minute or $2.00/day option, from what I just read. Here's a little info about them...

10 cents a Minute Plan

$2.00 Daily Unlimited Plan

I also found this information that may be helpful to you. 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/refill-denomination-expiration-period-for-GoPhone-plans/m-p/3490571#M44883

You should be able to contact Customer Care by dialing 611 and have them change your Pay As You Go "Plan"to a less costly one if you'd like. It seems, since you added the $25 card, that's why it's telling you that it will expire in 90 days. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: refill card expiration time

2 of 4 (718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 7:10:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

That is nothing to do with the plan,it is the refill cards.

If you put in a $100 refill card, the credit will not expire for 365 days.

That is nothing to do with the plan,it is the refill cards.

If you put in a $100 refill card, the credit will not expire for 365 days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (684 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 8:11:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, the refill card expiration amounts are the problem. You're on the best plan for your needs. I would recommend adding $100 to your prepaid account. I know It may seem like a lot money, but you wouldn't have to worry about expiration dates for an entire year.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yep, the refill card expiration amounts are the problem. You're on the best plan for your needs. I would recommend adding $100 to your prepaid account. I know It may seem like a lot money, but you wouldn't have to worry about expiration dates for an entire year.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (594 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments