"AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wireless number."

Contributor

"AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wireless number."

Every single day, I receive a text from (746) 116-66 that says, "AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wireless number." (I put Xs instead of my username). Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?

Message 1 of 7 (2,865 Views)
Expert

Re: "AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wi

bleary84 wrote:

Every single day, I receive a text from (746) 116-66 that says, "AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wireless number." (I put Xs instead of my username). Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 7 (2,832 Views)
Community Support

Re: "AT&T Free Msg: As a reminder, your new myAT&T login User ID is XXXXXX, not your wi

@bleary84 , did you get this resolved? 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (2,737 Views)
Tutor

Add me to the list as well.  Received 7 of these text's, the last at 12:30 am, waking up my fiance.  Sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare....

Message 4 of 7 (2,220 Views)
Contributor

I have had this issue for months now, phone support can stop it and twitter support tells me its a free courtesy message and they cant stop it. Yet they cant explain why on earth id get this stupid message daily and just now after years of service. Im ready to give up and just take my 5 lines to verizon at this point.
Message 5 of 7 (1,952 Views)
Contributor

Did you get this fixed? If so how?
Message 6 of 7 (1,952 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Have you tried replying "STOP" to those messages?
I think that is what I did and I don't get those messages.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7 (1,947 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.