Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 26, 2013
3:42:08 PM
porting my number to AT&T from Comcast

I've requested to set up home phone service with AT&T porting my number from Comcast.  First they gave me an installation date of 11/25/13, then 11/26/13, and now customer service says it will be 12/6/13.  Sometimes they tell me I need to be at home for the installation and other reps say it is not necessary.  I just need a definitive answer as I've been waiting for two days at home for the installation and I cannot continue to do this until December 6.  Please HELP!  In the meantime, I cannot receive calls at all on my present Comcast line.

I'm posting this to U-Verse forum although I don't have U-verse. 

I've requested to set up home phone service with AT&T porting my number from Comcast.  First they gave me an installation date of 11/25/13, then 11/26/13, and now customer service says it will be 12/6/13.  Sometimes they tell me I need to be at home for the installation and other reps say it is not necessary.  I just need a definitive answer as I've been waiting for two days at home for the installation and I cannot continue to do this until December 6.  Please HELP!  In the meantime, I cannot receive calls at all on my present Comcast line.

I'm posting this to U-Verse forum although I don't have U-verse. 

porting my number to AT&T from Comcast

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 7:27:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

My  advice  to  you?  Change  your  #  to  att  #  ?   Stay  home   deal  that  is  a  joke?   I  have  u-verse ? 

There  internet  is  slow?   5 mps  at  most..  

My  advice  to  you?  Change  your  #  to  att  #  ?   Stay  home   deal  that  is  a  joke?   I  have  u-verse ? 

There  internet  is  slow?   5 mps  at  most..  

Re: porting my number to AT&T from Comcast

2 of 4 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 9:39:06 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi lcabraham,

Sorry you're having such a hard time with this! We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you today.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi lcabraham,

Sorry you're having such a hard time with this! We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you today.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 4 (479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 8:32:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

The AT&T technician did Come out and my line is connected now.  Thanks!!

The AT&T technician did Come out and my line is connected now.  Thanks!!

4 of 4 (427 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments