Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 30, 2014
10:06:24 AM
out of market
Wondering if att started allowing numbers on share plans out of market on regular accounts? I know you could on business accounts but I've heard they include regular accounts now but I'm not completely sure. I have two family members out of state and market that want to combine a plan on att. I called and the rep said you had to have the same area code phone numbers on the account even if they were same market, so now I'm a little confused.
Wondering if att started allowing numbers on share plans out of market on regular accounts? I know you could on business accounts but I've heard they include regular accounts now but I'm not completely sure. I have two family members out of state and market that want to combine a plan on att. I called and the rep said you had to have the same area code phone numbers on the account even if they were same market, so now I'm a little confused.

out of market

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 2:57:28 PM
(0)
Guru

There was a response in another thread that they have changed it to allow us to have different markets on same account. i contact chat support in november and they told me it's possible now. Haven't officially tried it though. 

There was a response in another thread that they have changed it to allow us to have different markets on same account. i contact chat support in november and they told me it's possible now. Haven't officially tried it though. 

Re: out of market

2 of 3 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 5:07:54 PM
(0)
Employee

I think the rep was confused, we changed it in November, so that's no longer required, generally..

Some of the older plans will get stuck, so that might've also caused issues. Sometimes they just need tweaks to make it possible.

I can't say why, but if you check back, or use a different channel, it should be able to be fixed. Probably

-Alex

I think the rep was confused, we changed it in November, so that's no longer required, generally..

Some of the older plans will get stuck, so that might've also caused issues. Sometimes they just need tweaks to make it possible.

I can't say why, but if you check back, or use a different channel, it should be able to be fixed. Probably

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: out of market

3 of 3 (305 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments