Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 3, 2010
7:14:38 PM
View profile
obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone
ok, i've searched and searched and been led in the same circle about 15 times, my frustration level is about topped off, so i'm really hoping when i check back, some nice person has taken the time to help me out!! lol, my husband has locked himself out of his samsung a177, now we need a PUK code to unlock it, well, when i first started this mission i thought it was gonna be pretty easy, but apparently looks are deceiving on this mission, because while i've found some advice to try out, it's not working, and i think it's because what i'm reading is for customers with real plans, instead of pay as you go, so if anyone knows how to obtain this code, i would be most grateful!!! i've tried logging into my wireless account, then i'm re-directed to a payasyougo wireless page that offers a support tick, when i click on that, the circle just starts again, so any advice or suggestions are very appreciated.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time!!!
ok, i've searched and searched and been led in the same circle about 15 times, my frustration level is about topped off, so i'm really hoping when i check back, some nice person has taken the time to help me out!! lol, my husband has locked himself out of his samsung a177, now we need a PUK code to unlock it, well, when i first started this mission i thought it was gonna be pretty easy, but apparently looks are deceiving on this mission, because while i've found some advice to try out, it's not working, and i think it's because what i'm reading is for customers with real plans, instead of pay as you go, so if anyone knows how to obtain this code, i would be most grateful!!! i've tried logging into my wireless account, then i'm re-directed to a payasyougo wireless page that offers a support tick, when i click on that, the circle just starts again, so any advice or suggestions are very appreciated.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time!!!

obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 4:46:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
If you call AT&T customer care and give them the IMEI and your SIM card number, they will give you two codes. Or even on AT&T.COM (this site) shows you the number if you register your phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
If you call AT&T customer care and give them the IMEI and your SIM card number, they will give you two codes. Or even on AT&T.COM (this site) shows you the number if you register your phone.

Re: obtaining a PUK code for a pay-as-you-go phone

2 of 8 (10,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 7:35:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

A bit difficult to call customer care when you need a PUK code to unlock the phone you need to use to call customer care, I'm finding... Please do me a favor and let your employer know that I don't appreciate being given the run-around on customer service just because I have a Pay-As-You-Go Phone. Not usually one to flame, but WOW. If you don't have a contract, you can't even get to a link to SEND CUSTOMER SERVICE AN E-MAIL! What the!?

A bit difficult to call customer care when you need a PUK code to unlock the phone you need to use to call customer care, I'm finding... Please do me a favor and let your employer know that I don't appreciate being given the run-around on customer service just because I have a Pay-As-You-Go Phone. Not usually one to flame, but WOW. If you don't have a contract, you can't even get to a link to SEND CUSTOMER SERVICE AN E-MAIL! What the!?

3 of 8 (6,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 9:31:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

My phone locked me out too and I am highly unhappy about being led around. And how the h-e-double hockey sticks am I supposed to call customer service if  I do not have a phone!!!!!

My phone locked me out too and I am highly unhappy about being led around. And how the h-e-double hockey sticks am I supposed to call customer service if  I do not have a phone!!!!!

4 of 8 (5,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 8:30:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok so i am having this problem now! Can u please tell me how u got ur code?

5 of 8 (5,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 8:36:32 PM
(0)
Master

amber122992 wrote:

Call customer service and they can walk you through the process.  

Here is text from one of the support articles here online:

Get the PUK code for my GoPhone device

GoPhone accounts will not be able to retrieve the PUK online from myAT&T. You will need to contact Customer Service by dialing 611 from your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 (Pay As You Go) or 1-866-499-7888 (Pick Your Plan) from a landline phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

amber122992 wrote:

Call customer service and they can walk you through the process.  

Here is text from one of the support articles here online:

Get the PUK code for my GoPhone device

GoPhone accounts will not be able to retrieve the PUK online from myAT&T. You will need to contact Customer Service by dialing 611 from your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 (Pay As You Go) or 1-866-499-7888 (Pick Your Plan) from a landline phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 8 (5,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 5:12:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am trying to obtain a PUK code so i can unlock my phone but this is saying that i call customer service but how am i suppost to do that when i dont have a phone to call off of!

I am trying to obtain a PUK code so i can unlock my phone but this is saying that i call customer service but how am i suppost to do that when i dont have a phone to call off of!

7 of 8 (2,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 4:21:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

christineallen1234t wrote:

Use a different phone such as a landline. If you don't have one, ask a family member, friend, neighbor, etc. if you could borrow their's for a few minutes. I'm sure there are still a few pay phone booths around somewhere, too. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

christineallen1234t wrote:

Use a different phone such as a landline. If you don't have one, ask a family member, friend, neighbor, etc. if you could borrow their's for a few minutes. I'm sure there are still a few pay phone booths around somewhere, too. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (2,023 Views)