Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2014
9:24:17 AM
View profile
next program?
My husband and I started the next program in September. My husband got laid off and I currently don't work, can you return your phones and just buy your own phone through eBay or somewhere else to go back to your regular cell phone bill? We were lied to in September they told us our bill would be the same like it was and its extremely.high they also didn't give me a choice to what phone I could choose myself. Not satisfied at all.
My husband and I started the next program in September. My husband got laid off and I currently don't work, can you return your phones and just buy your own phone through eBay or somewhere else to go back to your regular cell phone bill? We were lied to in September they told us our bill would be the same like it was and its extremely.high they also didn't give me a choice to what phone I could choose myself. Not satisfied at all.

next program?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 9:34:22 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T Next Information

AT&T Next is still a contract. If you want to return the phones, you'll have to pay for the ETF, which in this case is the remaining balance of the phones.

The difference between the bills is most likely the monthly payment for the Next Plan, which is basically a Lease to Own option, rather than paying a subsidized price for the device on a regular 2 year contract.

Why they didn't give you a choice on which device you wanted is very strange and doesn't sound right at all.

AT&T Next Information

AT&T Next is still a contract. If you want to return the phones, you'll have to pay for the ETF, which in this case is the remaining balance of the phones.

The difference between the bills is most likely the monthly payment for the Next Plan, which is basically a Lease to Own option, rather than paying a subsidized price for the device on a regular 2 year contract.

Why they didn't give you a choice on which device you wanted is very strange and doesn't sound right at all.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: next program?

2 of 5 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 10:32:39 AM
(0)
Contributor
I wanted the iPhone 4s what I use to have and the employee said those are outdated you will need to get something here in the store that is new which they kept showing the Samsung galaxy and if I wanted the newer I phones I would have to wait over a month and I needed a phone asap. If that's the case that I need to pay the balance of the phones than I'm going to have to drop att again because I can't afford this and they told us this was the only option we had.
I wanted the iPhone 4s what I use to have and the employee said those are outdated you will need to get something here in the store that is new which they kept showing the Samsung galaxy and if I wanted the newer I phones I would have to wait over a month and I needed a phone asap. If that's the case that I need to pay the balance of the phones than I'm going to have to drop att again because I can't afford this and they told us this was the only option we had.

3 of 5 (672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 11:33:32 AM
(0)
Employee

As far as I know you should of been able to get the 4s on the Next Plan.  It is featured on the AT&T website as being eligble at $22.50 a month. (iPhone 4s on AT&T Next.)

My apologies the transaction did not go as smoothly as it should have. :smileysad:

As far as I know you should of been able to get the 4s on the Next Plan.  It is featured on the AT&T website as being eligble at $22.50 a month. (iPhone 4s on AT&T Next.)

My apologies the transaction did not go as smoothly as it should have. :smileysad:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 2:34:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

melissagraham18 wrote:

If you leave AT&T now, the full balance of the phones becomes due immediately upon service termination.

melissagraham18 wrote:

If you leave AT&T now, the full balance of the phones becomes due immediately upon service termination.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (656 Views)