mobile data

Contributor

mobile data

when we purchased my new phone from att they talked us into buying a larger data plan. we were skeptical because I wasn't sure if there was coverage in Wyoming. the store clerk reassured me and his exact words were "anywhere in the continental is. there is no roaming data." yesterday I got a text saying I had gone over my 100 mb data on roaming networks. I'm pretty sure that Wyoming is in the continental US and if we are getting charged for this data we were scammed out of some money.
Message 1 of 2 (431 Views)
Expert

Re: mobile data

acceptance8 wrote:
when we purchased my new phone from att they talked us into buying a larger data plan. we were skeptical because I wasn't sure if there was coverage in Wyoming. the store clerk reassured me and his exact words were "anywhere in the continental is. there is no roaming data." yesterday I got a text saying I had gone over my 100 mb data on roaming networks. I'm pretty sure that Wyoming is in the continental US and if we are getting charged for this data we were scammed out of some money.

you are roaming between carriers towers that is what they are talking about. The carrier that has the tower may not be part of the roaming agreement that isin effect with att

Message 2 of 2 (397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.