mms not working but data is

Contributor

mms not working but data is

Gophone user. Smartphone plan. Purchased an unlocked smartphone and got a sim card from the att store. The sms works, the internet works. The mms doesn't work. Won't send or download received picture messages. Its a 2g phone, no idea if that makes a difference or not.
Message 1 of 6 (1,063 Views)
Master

Re: mms not working but data is

Maybe there's a possibility that you have MMS capabilities turned off, depending on what make and model the phone is. Would you mind including what kind of unlocked phone you are using?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 6 (1,010 Views)
Employee

Also make sure that data on your phone is on and the wifi connection it´s off, because mms are sent ore received through the att data and wifi interfieres. That´s a top major reason of calls and most of the times that´s the answer. If still not being able contact our team dialing 611 from your phone ( But Its better from another phone so we can troubleshoot your phone. WARNING: AS IT IS NOT AN ATT PHONE WE DONT WARRANTY 100$% CAUSE THE SETTINGS ON THE PHONE FROM THE ORIGINAL CARRIER MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM OURS, BUT IF YOU CAN ACCESS INTERNET THATS A GOOD SIGNAL.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (959 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

To my previouse reply. I read again and you said it's 2g. yes it might interfere. With 2g yo can connect to 2 different networks. 3g around 5. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (945 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

camarich wrote:

To my previouse reply. I read again and you said it's 2g. yes it might interfere. With 2g yo can connect to 2 different networks. 3g around 5. 

It shouldn't make any difference if it's 2G or 3G..I keep my Samsung Nexus S smartphone on 2G most of the time and have no problem sending or receiving MMS. 

To the OP..as Wild Banchi suggested, can you please post WHICH smartphone you are using?? You may possibly need some settings for MMS to work.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 6 (908 Views)
Voyager

Same problem. I have an unlocked Pantech Burst with a Straight Talk plan on the ATT network (4g).Everything works - phone, internet, text message, sending picture messages. But I can't receive picture messages. My phone recognizes that I got one and who it came from but won't download. I have spent hours online trying to find a solution. I have tried a multitude of APN settings as well as checking all the phone settings. I still can't figure it out. The only thing I have learned is that there are many others out there with the same problem with many different phones. If you get an answer or if anyone else can help, please let me know.

Message 6 of 6 (709 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.