I"m having a problem with a mifi Liberate. I have already returned my first unit and gotten a 2nd - the 2nd demonstrates the same issue. What is happening is that after a couple days it simply stops working. The specific symptoms can be different but the only fix that I have found is pulling the battery. I'd like to see if anyone has any inputs on anything I can do to get this reported officially or work around the issue (short of pulling the battery every day).
Specifics of my configuration, I have the Mifi Liberate connected via usb tethering to a linux box and a 2nd node via wifi.
If that doesn't help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you; you can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.
In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Re: mifi liberate fails after a couple days of use
I am displeased with the resolution of this problem. I ultimately escalated to Novatel. Their input to me was that the hang is expected behavior when it is used for tethering via USB over 4-5 hours. Incredible that product quality like this makes it to market. ATT was being 'generous' when you released me from my contract. I'm only out the bill for the hardware, my activation fee and a couple months of useless data consumption. At least I got out of a useless 20/month.