Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 24, 2014
12:18:24 PM
loving my new shared data value plan
I love at new shared data value plan because my bill will be a lot cheaper after March 23 2014. I used to be on the 450 minute plan with unlimited text and 5gb of data. I paid 39.99 for the 450 minutes 20 dollars for the unlimited text and 50 dollars for the 5gb of data. A total of 110 a month. I also used to get 24% discount which only applied to the 39.99 for the minutes and on the 50 dollars for the data. Which brought my bill down to 88.39. But with the new shared data plan I get 4gb data and unlimited talk and text for 110 before any discount. But with my discount I pay 93.20 and after my contract ends i will be paying $78.20. Which is a great deal since I have a nexus 5 and don't plan on renewing my contact
I love at new shared data value plan because my bill will be a lot cheaper after March 23 2014. I used to be on the 450 minute plan with unlimited text and 5gb of data. I paid 39.99 for the 450 minutes 20 dollars for the unlimited text and 50 dollars for the 5gb of data. A total of 110 a month. I also used to get 24% discount which only applied to the 39.99 for the minutes and on the 50 dollars for the data. Which brought my bill down to 88.39. But with the new shared data plan I get 4gb data and unlimited talk and text for 110 before any discount. But with my discount I pay 93.20 and after my contract ends i will be paying $78.20. Which is a great deal since I have a nexus 5 and don't plan on renewing my contact

loving my new shared data value plan

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 1:47:08 PM
(0)
Expert

mendomar012 wrote:

Are you basing your calculations on both the cost of the unlimited talk/text, data and phone cost? If I recall correctly the discount will not be applied to the 40.00 for the phone, just the 70.00.

mendomar012 wrote:

Are you basing your calculations on both the cost of the unlimited talk/text, data and phone cost? If I recall correctly the discount will not be applied to the 40.00 for the phone, just the 70.00.

Re: loving my new shared data value plan

2 of 7 (688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 2:02:19 PM
(0)
Scholar
Correct I only get the discount on the data part of the plan not for having the smartphone.
Correct I only get the discount on the data part of the plan not for having the smartphone.

3 of 7 (685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 3:39:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Jan 25, 2014 at 7:27:57 PM

Did you get a subsidized phone within the last two years?  If you will be using a Nexus 5, your device fee should only be $25, not $40.

Did you get a subsidized phone within the last two years?  If you will be using a Nexus 5, your device fee should only be $25, not $40.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 5:16:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
When I started my contract with att, it was back in March of 2012 with the lg nitro HD. And I bought the nexus 5 in November. So that's why I'm still paying 40 dollars for the smartphone fee because I'm still not out of contract just yet. in March of 2014 is when my contract is up then I'll start to pay 25
When I started my contract with att, it was back in March of 2012 with the lg nitro HD. And I bought the nexus 5 in November. So that's why I'm still paying 40 dollars for the smartphone fee because I'm still not out of contract just yet. in March of 2014 is when my contract is up then I'll start to pay 25

5 of 7 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 2:41:54 AM
(0)
Employee

With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge plus a monthly charge per device. The charge for a Smartphone with a two year service agreement is $40/mo and a smartphone with a no annual service contract option for customers on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device is $25/mo. ($15/mo. savings!) Customers can save $15/month on a smartphone plan if they choose a No Annual Service Contract Option - that’s $25/month for each smartphone device! The discount was always applied on the base charge but the always rememeber that the 300MB was not eligible  for the discount. It was only the 1GB data and up Smiley Happy

With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge plus a monthly charge per device. The charge for a Smartphone with a two year service agreement is $40/mo and a smartphone with a no annual service contract option for customers on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device is $25/mo. ($15/mo. savings!) Customers can save $15/month on a smartphone plan if they choose a No Annual Service Contract Option - that’s $25/month for each smartphone device! The discount was always applied on the base charge but the always rememeber that the 300MB was not eligible  for the discount. It was only the 1GB data and up Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (552 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 8:45:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks. I understand. That's why I'm loving this plan is the cheapest I have ever paid with att
Thanks. I understand. That's why I'm loving this plan is the cheapest I have ever paid with att

7 of 7 (537 Views)