let me share my minutes like you advertise and without a hastle

Tutor

let me share my minutes like you advertise and without a hastle

I have been with AT&T for more years than I can count. I have always paid my bill on time, my bill is currently being auto paid. A year or so ago I added Uverse to my list of AT&T services. I got that added with no credit check or hassle, I guess because it was a service AT&T wanted to get added so they could rake in some more of my hard earned cash.

So I have my home and wireless services with AT&T, never late. So I decided to get an IPAD with plans to add it to my wireless shared minutes. I thought it would be a snap. I first tried to do it on the IPAD with no luck, so I looked on line with no luck. So I make the call to AT&T and get a big hassle that they have to run a credit check because I am adding this $10 service to my account.

I have a hard time understanding this. Funny that I could purchase a new account/service direct from the IPAD or I could order new phones and service right on the AT&T website. Even more funny was I was able to add Uverse with no hassle. Now I get a big hassle.

My credit is excellent. I have my credit locked to keep me safe. I just don't understand. An AT&T manager was supposed to call me today. But I guess that is not going to happen.

Please add my IPAD to my wireless shared minutes and give me that great deal you advertise to gallantly.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: let me share my minutes like you advertise and without a hastle

tomholman wrote:

I have been with AT&T for more years than I can count. I have always paid my bill on time, my bill is currently being auto paid. A year or so ago I added Uverse to my list of AT&T services. I got that added with no credit check or hassle, I guess because it was a service AT&T wanted to get added so they could rake in some more of my hard earned cash.

So I have my home and wireless services with AT&T, never late. So I decided to get an IPAD with plans to add it to my wireless shared minutes. I thought it would be a snap. I first tried to do it on the IPAD with no luck, so I looked on line with no luck. So I make the call to AT&T and get a big hassle that they have to run a credit check because I am adding this $10 service to my account.

I have a hard time understanding this. Funny that I could purchase a new account/service direct from the IPAD or I could order new phones and service right on the AT&T website. Even more funny was I was able to add Uverse with no hassle. Now I get a big hassle.

My credit is excellent. I have my credit locked to keep me safe. I just don't understand. An AT&T manager was supposed to call me today. But I guess that is not going to happen.

Please add my IPAD to my wireless shared minutes and give me that great deal you advertise to gallantly.

An ipad is not a telephone device, it is data only so you will never be able to share minutes with it, now if you want to share your data plan, you need to switch to mobile share. Mobile share will give you unlimited talk and text on comminications devices like the Iphone and it allow you to add up to 10 devices, additional cell phones, portable gaming devices with cell modems, ipads for a device charge. You basicly pick the base amount of data you want to have then add the devices.

Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Thanks for your input. I don't care what it is that needs to be done, I just want it done without a credit check and a big hastle. Like I said I had no hastle addig other servies.

Message 3 of 7
Expert

tomholman wrote:

Thanks for your input. I don't care what it is that needs to be done, I just want it done without a credit check and a big hastle. Like I said I had no hastle addig other servies.

then go to a corporate store and switch you current plan to a mobile share plan, credit check may or may not be required depending on your payment history, no idea what triggers that. You will not be able to share minutes on a ipad.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/mobileshare.html

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Tutor

I have an ulimited data plan on my iphone now. I just want to share the data plan with my ipad.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

tomholman wrote:

I have an ulimited data plan on my iphone now. I just want to share the data plan with my ipad.

The unlimited data plan is not sharable. If you really want to share data, you really only have one option and that is to switch to a mobile share plan. That is the only plan that shares data among all the devices on the plan and the only plan that is $10/mo for an ipad.

You have a couple of other options, though. You could switch your iphone data plan to the 5GB plan which also includes hotspot/tethering. With the iphone as a wifi hotspot, you will then be able to "share" that data with your ipad. There is no additional charge for the ipad with this option. Your other option is to get a separate data plan for the ipad.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

I just don't get it. I tried to add my iPad from the iPad and add it to my existing account. I could not do it. AT&T is insisting that they do a credit check on me before they add a $10 or $14.95 a month fee to my account. Same old story, to add a new line to your account we have to do a credit check.They say they have to insure there customers can pay the bill. Again, I have been an AT&T customer for at least 25 years home and cell. I went through the AT&T, then Cingular and then back to AT&T saga. I have never had a late payment, my bill is atuo charged to my credit card.

The real funny part is, more than one person has fully admit I could upgrade my phones to new iPhones with no problem. The new iPhones cost more than the service I want to add and they don't need to do a credit check. How does AT&T know I can pay for those phones with no credit check.

I have never been a real Google fan, but AT&T is makeing me one. The recent Google fiber news for Austin has already go AT&T and Time Warner scrambling to compete with Google Fiber. I can only hope Google gets into the cell phone business.

As an add, I am on a discount rate plan via my work. The whole issue I am faced with smells real funny.

I know why not just let them do a credit check. It is the whole principle of the issue. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.

From a very very unhappy long term AT&T customer and past share holder.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support