leaving AT&T

Contributor

leaving AT&T

I am leaving AT&T on the dates that I can cancel with no penalty. After 10+ years,  and no issues with payment history I am being asked to pay $800 to add a line! REALLY? I have 4 phones on my account now and I also have AT&T uVerse. Did not have to pay a deposit with any of these other lines or accounts.

I will be telling my family and friends why I am leaving and encourage them to do the same. There is no appreciation for customer loyalty anymore. I have called 3 times and the gentleman helping me at the store also tried to get me some help, but no one could/would. The customer care representatives say that the deposit is incorrect. The business department says there is nothing they can do.

I guess I will be the one that has to do something, and I will...LEAVE. Maybe my paltry $500 a month doesn't matter to a big company like this one, but it does to me and I will gladly be paying it elsewhere.

Sad and frustrated

Message 1 of 5 (455 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: leaving AT&T

10yrcstmr wrote:

I am leaving AT&T on the dates that I can cancel with no penalty. After 10+ years,  and no issues with payment history I am being asked to pay $800 to add a line! REALLY? I have 4 phones on my account now and I also have AT&T uVerse. Did not have to pay a deposit with any of these other lines or accounts.

I will be telling my family and friends why I am leaving and encourage them to do the same. There is no appreciation for customer loyalty anymore. I have called 3 times and the gentleman helping me at the store also tried to get me some help, but no one could/would. The customer care representatives say that the deposit is incorrect. The business department says there is nothing they can do.

I guess I will be the one that has to do something, and I will...LEAVE. Maybe my paltry $500 a month doesn't matter to a big company like this one, but it does to me and I will gladly be paying it elsewhere.

Sad and frustrated

Have you checked your credit report to make sure nothing erroneous has shown up? Unfortunately, this is one of the ways people have discovered their credit identity has been compromised.

That said, there's not usually much that can be done if the system rates you as a credit risk. Since you've tried everything else, you can send a private message to AT&T customer care using the link below. If there's any way that this is an error and it can be corrected, they will be the team to help!

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (424 Views)
Expert

10yrcstmr wrote:

Sad and frustrated

As mntioned would check a little closer on credit scores at the such. remember, what ever triggered the requiremetn on attwil probably trigger the same requirement on another vendor

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 3 of 5 (409 Views)
Contributor

Re: leaving AT

That's funny, when I added a line?last year I didn't have to pay a deposit, and yes I have checked the credit report. We did go to another vendor and check for a new service agreement. It's amazing, no deposit required.
Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello 10yrcstmr, thank you for posting and welcome to the forum.

I apologize you're having issued while trying to ad another line. I can definitely see how a deposit request can be confusing and frustrating. There could be many reasons why AT&T might ask for a deposit on the existing account, examples may include recent transfer of billing responsibility, account suspensions, payment arrangements, excessive off network roaming and more. It's impossible for me to know for sure since it's account specific, but we have a team of amazing managers that can help! Please send us a private message by clicking here, include your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached. You can expect to hear from one of our managers within 1-2 business days.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (360 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.