Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2012
10:58:45 PM
View profile
juar bought i phone 5 and now i cannot track it on att famiily map. why?

just replaced i phone 4 with i phone 5.  now att family map does not recognize my phone number, even though i have entered all the new info into my account.  why?

just replaced i phone 4 with i phone 5.  now att family map does not recognize my phone number, even though i have entered all the new info into my account.  why?

juar bought i phone 5 and now i cannot track it on att famiily map. why?

8 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2012 4:27:02 AM
(0)
Expert

tikkisoasis wrote:

Is location services turned in settgins on the iphone?

tikkisoasis wrote:

Is location services turned in settgins on the iphone?

Re: juar bought i phone 5 and now i cannot track it on att famiily map. why?

2 of 9 (2,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2012 5:37:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm not the original poster, but I have exactly the same issue with my daughter's new iPhone 5.   And yes, the Location Services are turned on.  (Even if they weren't, shouldn't FamilyMap be able to find their approximate location using cell phone towers?)

I'm not the original poster, but I have exactly the same issue with my daughter's new iPhone 5.   And yes, the Location Services are turned on.  (Even if they weren't, shouldn't FamilyMap be able to find their approximate location using cell phone towers?)

3 of 9 (2,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2012 7:38:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was on a chat with someone from Technical Support who tried to help, but determined that he needed to open a case with the technical team.  The due date is in 3 days.  I will post an update here if/when I have more information.

I was on a chat with someone from Technical Support who tried to help, but determined that he needed to open a case with the technical team.  The due date is in 3 days.  I will post an update here if/when I have more information.

4 of 9 (2,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2012 6:29:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with my son's iPhone 4S ... after he updated his software to iOS6 on 9/21.  Accuracy went from a few hundred yards (which I feel is still not accurate enough) ... now the radius is 7.2 MILES??!!

I'm having the same issue with my son's iPhone 4S ... after he updated his software to iOS6 on 9/21.  Accuracy went from a few hundred yards (which I feel is still not accurate enough) ... now the radius is 7.2 MILES??!!

5 of 9 (2,294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2012 5:02:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hi,
Has your iPhone5 tracking issue be resolved? My have the same issue?
Thanks!

Hi,
Has your iPhone5 tracking issue be resolved? My have the same issue?
Thanks!

6 of 9 (1,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2012 5:08:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
Not for me. AT&T finally admitted that their app is not compatible with the iPhone 5. They did say that the vendor is working on the issue, but there was no ETA or promises. So I cancelled my subscription to the service.
Not for me. AT&T finally admitted that their app is not compatible with the iPhone 5. They did say that the vendor is working on the issue, but there was no ETA or promises. So I cancelled my subscription to the service.

7 of 9 (1,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2012 3:59:13 PM
(0)
Expert

RolandRobertson wrote:

Correct as of right now they do state that it is not compatible with the Iphone 5 and since other iphones are reporting the issue it maybe IOS 6

https://familymap.wireless.att.com/finder-att-family/supportedPhones.htm

RolandRobertson wrote:

Correct as of right now they do state that it is not compatible with the Iphone 5 and since other iphones are reporting the issue it maybe IOS 6

https://familymap.wireless.att.com/finder-att-family/supportedPhones.htm

8 of 9 (1,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 3:36:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just tested this out and was able to get the family map app to locate my sisters iphone 5. If you going into Settings, General then Celluar and disable the LTE on the phone you are not able to locate it will work! We tested it out a few times disabling and enabling the LTE and like a light switch it would work then not work. 

I just tested this out and was able to get the family map app to locate my sisters iphone 5. If you going into Settings, General then Celluar and disable the LTE on the phone you are not able to locate it will work! We tested it out a few times disabling and enabling the LTE and like a light switch it would work then not work. 

9 of 9 (489 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments