Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 3, 2013
11:41:21 PM
View profile
is there a way to remotely turn on a cell phone?

is there a way to remotely turn on a cell phone? my children have learned to defeat family map by just turning off the phone

is there a way to remotely turn on a cell phone? my children have learned to defeat family map by just turning off the phone

is there a way to remotely turn on a cell phone?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2013 6:57:49 AM
(0)
Professor

No, there is no way to remotely turn a phone on.

Simple answer is, if they don't follow the rules, take the phone away.

No, there is no way to remotely turn a phone on.

Re: is there a way to remotely turn on a cell phone?

2 of 5 (4,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2013 1:24:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Max69 wrote:

Excellent advice!  Why hide their location, unless they have something to hide?

Max69 wrote:

Excellent advice!  Why hide their location, unless they have something to hide?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (4,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 1:34:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
This is all well and good until your phone is stolen and you have no way to track it. As long as you possess the IMEI number of the phone, you should be able to remotely activate it with the proper ID through your carrier. Either that or you should have the authority to authorize them to remotely turn it on. My son's iPhone was stolen after he owned it for only 8 days and we had no way to track it since it was turned off by the person(s) who stole it.
This is all well and good until your phone is stolen and you have no way to track it. As long as you possess the IMEI number of the phone, you should be able to remotely activate it with the proper ID through your carrier. Either that or you should have the authority to authorize them to remotely turn it on. My son's iPhone was stolen after he owned it for only 8 days and we had no way to track it since it was turned off by the person(s) who stole it.

4 of 5 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 10:18:46 PM
(0)
Explorer

I'm sure some people would feel the exact opposite about carriers being able to remotely access devices.  Also, there's the issue of whether or not the phone is off due to battery.  OR they went into their own phone settings and turned off the cellular network but kept the device on and are using it like a glorified iPod.

I'm sure some people would feel the exact opposite about carriers being able to remotely access devices.  Also, there's the issue of whether or not the phone is off due to battery.  OR they went into their own phone settings and turned off the cellular network but kept the device on and are using it like a glorified iPod.

5 of 5 (2,888 Views)