Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 17, 2013
3:00:06 AM
View profile
iphone5 stolen
Edited by Judogal on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:09:51 AM
I need help!! My iphone5 was stolen. Called ATT was told by the ATT customer service rep that I could replace my iphone5 for $199 With no change to my contract (pretty much the insurance price even tho I do not have insurance). I was told due to my five lines and a good customer (always pay on time etc) I could do that. Had to call back as we were waiting for police to try to track it and couldn't hook up new one til stolen one was stopped. He said he would call me the next evening to take care of everything. I called back next day to stop the service on my stolen iphone5 as police got nowhere and i was told yes the first rep did document my acct as such so they would honor what he offered, but she didn't know how to do it. Put me on hold for 25min then I lost service. Didn't have time to call back due to work. The next day the orig rep called me said he gave me the wrong info. Said due to ATT's contract with Apple they couldn't do what he originally offered. He then said he could offer me any other phone that ATT carries for the $199 price I asked about the contract and he said no my contract wouldn't change. I told him I would need to check them out as I have had an iPhone for years not sure which phone would work for me. He said he would call me the next day. No call the next day. I called and was told that my stolen phone was still activated and was never stopped and that I couldn't hook up another phone. Spoke to a supervisor who said no all was ok and said he would need to call me back after he researched all that had happened on my acct. I told him this was crazy that I have to spend so much time trying to get help. He promised to call me back saying that's his job and he does follow thru. Well guess what no call back. Called the next day and asked for a supervisor and was told they would have to call me back as none were available. Again no call back!!!! Called today asked for a supervisor or manager and was connected to a manger who then retracted everything and pretty much said I was lying I was never promised anything and told me no notes in my acct reflected what i said and my only option was to pay full price $600-$899 depending on the phone and still it would add onto my contact!! I was very upset and told him I didn't spend all this time and about their poor service and asked what he could do about that and he said he could offer me $25. WOW. So much for being a good customer. If I can't get any help I'm am seriously looking at moving my 3 lines (not under contact) to Verizon and either buying out my contract or talking to an attorney as the phone doesn't work in most the locations I'm at anyways. Very very frustrated! Have never experienced such bad customer service! After this manager said I was wrong my acct was not documented as I told him I called back and a regular customer service rep did see it in there and read it to me! Can't believe he lied to me and called me the liar! HELP someone have any advice?
I need help!! My iphone5 was stolen. Called ATT was told by the ATT customer service rep that I could replace my iphone5 for $199 With no change to my contract (pretty much the insurance price even tho I do not have insurance). I was told due to my five lines and a good customer (always pay on time etc) I could do that. Had to call back as we were waiting for police to try to track it and couldn't hook up new one til stolen one was stopped. He said he would call me the next evening to take care of everything. I called back next day to stop the service on my stolen iphone5 as police got nowhere and i was told yes the first rep did document my acct as such so they would honor what he offered, but she didn't know how to do it. Put me on hold for 25min then I lost service. Didn't have time to call back due to work. The next day the orig rep called me said he gave me the wrong info. Said due to ATT's contract with Apple they couldn't do what he originally offered. He then said he could offer me any other phone that ATT carries for the $199 price I asked about the contract and he said no my contract wouldn't change. I told him I would need to check them out as I have had an iPhone for years not sure which phone would work for me. He said he would call me the next day. No call the next day. I called and was told that my stolen phone was still activated and was never stopped and that I couldn't hook up another phone. Spoke to a supervisor who said no all was ok and said he would need to call me back after he researched all that had happened on my acct. I told him this was crazy that I have to spend so much time trying to get help. He promised to call me back saying that's his job and he does follow thru. Well guess what no call back. Called the next day and asked for a supervisor and was told they would have to call me back as none were available. Again no call back!!!! Called today asked for a supervisor or manager and was connected to a manger who then retracted everything and pretty much said I was lying I was never promised anything and told me no notes in my acct reflected what i said and my only option was to pay full price $600-$899 depending on the phone and still it would add onto my contact!! I was very upset and told him I didn't spend all this time and about their poor service and asked what he could do about that and he said he could offer me $25. WOW. So much for being a good customer. If I can't get any help I'm am seriously looking at moving my 3 lines (not under contact) to Verizon and either buying out my contract or talking to an attorney as the phone doesn't work in most the locations I'm at anyways. Very very frustrated! Have never experienced such bad customer service! After this manager said I was wrong my acct was not documented as I told him I called back and a regular customer service rep did see it in there and read it to me! Can't believe he lied to me and called me the liar! HELP someone have any advice?

iphone5 stolen

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 4:00:39 AM
(0)
Expert

Judogal wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Never seen any carrier offer a replacement phone for the subsidized price when the person was not eligible for an upgrade, but send the PM and see what they can find out

Judogal wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Never seen any carrier offer a replacement phone for the subsidized price when the person was not eligible for an upgrade, but send the PM and see what they can find out

Re: iphone5 stolen

2 of 3 (549 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 4:29:43 AM
(0)
Master

Sorry to hear that you had your iPhone stolen. Sounds exactly like what my brother went through a few years back on Verizon with his first iPhone with them. I tried to explain to him that without having some kind of lost/stolen insurance on his account there wasn't much the Verizon reps could do for him other than block the phone from being used again here in the US. He ended up leaving Verizon and coming to AT&T. This type of thing can occure on any wireless carrier when there is no Wireless Insurance on a persons account to cover the stolen device. Although that does not give the rep who you spoke to the last time a reason to speak to you that way. Good luck with this, I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you. 

Sorry to hear that you had your iPhone stolen. Sounds exactly like what my brother went through a few years back on Verizon with his first iPhone with them. I tried to explain to him that without having some kind of lost/stolen insurance on his account there wasn't much the Verizon reps could do for him other than block the phone from being used again here in the US. He ended up leaving Verizon and coming to AT&T. This type of thing can occure on any wireless carrier when there is no Wireless Insurance on a persons account to cover the stolen device. Although that does not give the rep who you spoke to the last time a reason to speak to you that way. Good luck with this, I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you. 

Re: iphone5 stolen

3 of 3 (540 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments