Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 3, 2013
12:07:32 PM
iphone unlocked but AT&T is still listed as Carrier

I plan to use my phone overseas. I completed the form and AT&T unlocked my phone. However, when I insert another sim I can't send mms texts. AT&T is still listed as carrier although they are not. How to I fix this?

I plan to use my phone overseas. I completed the form and AT&T unlocked my phone. However, when I insert another sim I can't send mms texts. AT&T is still listed as carrier although they are not. How to I fix this?

iphone unlocked but AT&T is still listed as Carrier

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 7:00:28 PM
(0)
Master

howyaluvdat wrote:

Did you get an email from ATT saying that your iPhone has been unlocked? if so, did you then perform a restore in iTunes to get the message that your iPhone has been unlocked?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

howyaluvdat wrote:

Did you get an email from ATT saying that your iPhone has been unlocked? if so, did you then perform a restore in iTunes to get the message that your iPhone has been unlocked?

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iphone unlocked but AT&T is still listed as Carrier

2 of 17 (5,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 10:49:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

What is the this "other SIM" you inserted? It's entirely possible the other SIM is roaming into AT&T's network hence it still says AT&T.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

What is the this "other SIM" you inserted? It's entirely possible the other SIM is roaming into AT&T's network hence it still says AT&T.

3 of 17 (4,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 1:53:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

I received the message that the phone was unlocked. I inserted the new sim, but I can't send mms and AT&T still shows as my carrier under settings.

I received the message that the phone was unlocked. I inserted the new sim, but I can't send mms and AT&T still shows as my carrier under settings.

4 of 17 (4,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 2:53:29 PM
(0)
Former Employee

howyaluvdat wrote:

Are you able to make phone calls with the new sim?. If so, then your phone is unlocked and your inability to send mms is because cellular data with your new sim is not working.

howyaluvdat wrote:

Are you able to make phone calls with the new sim?. If so, then your phone is unlocked and your inability to send mms is because cellular data with your new sim is not working.

5 of 17 (4,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 2:59:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
I can make calls, but there is a tabbin my settings labeled "Cellular Network." I don't have it. I was told that because my phone was locked under AT&T, the tab was inactivated. Once the carrier info is deleted I will have acces to the tab. So now that The phone is unlocked, how can I delete carrier settings?
I can make calls, but there is a tabbin my settings labeled "Cellular Network." I don't have it. I was told that because my phone was locked under AT&T, the tab was inactivated. Once the carrier info is deleted I will have acces to the tab. So now that The phone is unlocked, how can I delete carrier settings?

6 of 17 (4,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 3:31:16 PM
(0)
Expert

howyaluvdat wrote:

Who's sim is it? T-mobile?

howyaluvdat wrote:

Who's sim is it? T-mobile?

7 of 17 (4,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 7:46:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Straight Talk

Straight Talk

8 of 17 (4,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2013 5:52:28 AM
(0)
Former Employee

howyaluvdat wrote:

Straight Talk

That is because Straight Talk is not a carrier, they use other carrier's networks, including AT&T'S. In fact, you did not need to unlock your phone to use Straight Talk. 

howyaluvdat wrote:

Straight Talk

That is because Straight Talk is not a carrier, they use other carrier's networks, including AT&T'S. In fact, you did not need to unlock your phone to use Straight Talk. 

9 of 17 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 11:18:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 23, 2014 at 11:42:00 AM

I paid at&t for my iphone's carrier unlock..i got reply mail from at&t as confirmed.but still says sim not vallid and listed carrier as at&t..is this is a play of at&t..any one have a solution for this and my IMEI***** .REQUIRED HELP FROM AT&T COSTUMER CARE.

[edited for privacy]

I paid at&t for my iphone's carrier unlock..i got reply mail from at&t as confirmed.but still says sim not vallid and listed carrier as at&t..is this is a play of at&t..any one have a solution for this and my IMEI***** .REQUIRED HELP FROM AT&T COSTUMER CARE.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
10 of 17 (2,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:44:38 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Apr 23, 2014 at 1:46:13 PM

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

you need to backup the device and restore as a new device, att does not unlock the phone, it sends a request to Apple to flag your phone as unlocked, this details it at Apple Support. ATT is out of the picture

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5014

Also curious about the commet "I paid at&t for my iphone's carrier unlock" ATT does not charge anything for a unlock as long as you meet the requirements of the service

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

you need to backup the device and restore as a new device, att does not unlock the phone, it sends a request to Apple to flag your phone as unlocked, this details it at Apple Support. ATT is out of the picture

Also curious about the commet "I paid at&t for my iphone's carrier unlock" ATT does not charge anything for a unlock as long as you meet the requirements of the service

[ Edited ]
11 of 17 (2,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 3:36:31 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

If he paid someone, he probably got scammed and the phone has not actually been unlocked. 

wingrider01 wrote:

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

If he paid someone, he probably got scammed and the phone has not actually been unlocked. 

12 of 17 (2,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 3:48:04 PM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

same thing crossed my mind

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

suhail.vp wrote:

[edited for privacy]

same thing crossed my mind

13 of 17 (2,860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 8:45:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ooops,can i check it is in process or not with ma IMEI? Any at&t websites? Or anyone says how much day for carrier unlock?
Ooops,can i check it is in process or not with ma IMEI? Any at&t websites? Or anyone says how much day for carrier unlock?

14 of 17 (2,838 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 6:28:55 AM
(0)
Master

suhail.vp wrote:

There is no ATT web site to validate your unlock while it is in process that I am aware of.  ATT DOES NOT charge for unlocking.  If you are paying someone, they are a third party and they may NOT be reputable??????

If you are not or have not been an ATT customer with that iPhone on your account, they are not going to unlock your iPhone for you and you are at the mercy of the secondary market that again may or may not work!

suhail.vp wrote:

There is no ATT web site to validate your unlock while it is in process that I am aware of.  ATT DOES NOT charge for unlocking.  If you are paying someone, they are a third party and they may NOT be reputable??????

If you are not or have not been an ATT customer with that iPhone on your account, they are not going to unlock your iPhone for you and you are at the mercy of the secondary market that again may or may not work!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

15 of 17 (2,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 5:35:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
Wireless number?
Wireless number?

16 of 17 (2,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 6:46:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Do not post personal or phone information on this forum.
Personal and phone and account info should only be shared with AT&T customer service through private messaging.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Do not post personal or phone information on this forum.
Personal and phone and account info should only be shared with AT&T customer service through private messaging.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

17 of 17 (2,769 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments