Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2013
6:46:00 PM
View profile
ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

I see that the iPad data plans offer free use of the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot network nationally. Ho does this work what is the login and password?

I see that the iPad data plans offer free use of the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot network nationally. Ho does this work what is the login and password?

ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 8:05:09 PM
(0)
Former Employee

midtown wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a password. Your iPad will just automatically connect to any ATT hotspot. That's the way the iPhone works. 

midtown wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a password. Your iPad will just automatically connect to any ATT hotspot. That's the way the iPhone works. 

Re: ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

2 of 4 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 11:03:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
That is correct, it will automatically connect to the att wifi network. A page may appear requiring you to accept the terms and conditions but everything should be pretty simple. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
That is correct, it will automatically connect to the att wifi network. A page may appear requiring you to accept the terms and conditions but everything should be pretty simple. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (423 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 2:48:45 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by AngelChat143 on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:51:03 AM

Hello Midtown,

To connect to wifi you will need to go to settings in your phone/iPad. In most cases you can set you phone/iPad to automatically detect wifi as it comes into range. Below is a link to locate all free wifi hotspots. I hope this helps you.

AT&T Wi-Fi locator Please Click Here

The only time you need passwords to join a wifi area is when you see a small padlock in lock position next to a wifi areas name. For example, my Wi-Fi here at home I simply named Wi-Fi Home, the password I created I can give to visitor/guests.

I hope you have found this information helpful. 

Hello Midtown,

To connect to wifi you will need to go to settings in your phone/iPad. In most cases you can set you phone/iPad to automatically detect wifi as it comes into range. Below is a link to locate all free wifi hotspots. I hope this helps you.

AT&T Wi-Fi locator Please Click Here

The only time you need passwords to join a wifi area is when you see a small padlock in lock position next to a wifi areas name. For example, my Wi-Fi here at home I simply named Wi-Fi Home, the password I created I can give to visitor/guests.

I hope you have found this information helpful. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (360 Views)