ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

Contributor

ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

I see that the iPad data plans offer free use of the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot network nationally. Ho does this work what is the login and password?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: ipad monthly data plans and free WiFi

midtown wrote:

I see that the iPad data plans offer free use of the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot network nationally. Ho does this work what is the login and password?

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a password. Your iPad will just automatically connect to any ATT hotspot. That's the way the iPhone works. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

That is correct, it will automatically connect to the att wifi network. A page may appear requiring you to accept the terms and conditions but everything should be pretty simple. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Employee

Hello Midtown,

To connect to wifi you will need to go to settings in your phone/iPad. In most cases you can set you phone/iPad to automatically detect wifi as it comes into range. Below is a link to locate all free wifi hotspots. I hope this helps you.

AT&T Wi-Fi locator Please Click Here

The only time you need passwords to join a wifi area is when you see a small padlock in lock position next to a wifi areas name. For example, my Wi-Fi here at home I simply named Wi-Fi Home, the password I created I can give to visitor/guests.

I hope you have found this information helpful. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support