Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2014
2:10:27 AM
View profile
incorrect info from a rep resulted in a double payment
Edited by tinag3 on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:11:47 AM

on Feb 10th, I set up a payment to be made on the 20th of February, an email confirmation was sent stating this would be made on the 20th. well, the 20th come along and I didn't see the payment processed when I logged into my ATT acct. I chatted with a representative with the last name Chavis. In short, she said she didn't see a pymt scheduled for today and to go ahead and make a pymt. I expressed my concern of a double payment because the amount of the my payment is so high, she stated she understood but to just go ahead and make that payment. WELL, its 1:54am the 21st and I happen to check my bank acct and what do you know?? there's not one but TWO payments autodrafted out of my bank acct!! 

1) why didn't the rep see my scheduled payment? 

2) when I informed the rep that I recevied a confirmation email with a confirmation number, why wasn't she able to research and locate my scheduled payment with that info I had. 

3) what is the protocol when something like this happens? meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process? 

4) what is going on with ATT's database/system? is it not updated? how often is the information backed up? isn't it real-time? we are in the new age of technology and I would have figured that there would have been some way to find my scheduled payment. 

5) How does one go about getting the monies back from the double payment? I would hope that I don't have to wait to get it back because now i'm broke!!! 

thank you ATT for your not so stellar customer service and your shotty computer system and database. 

on Feb 10th, I set up a payment to be made on the 20th of February, an email confirmation was sent stating this would be made on the 20th. well, the 20th come along and I didn't see the payment processed when I logged into my ATT acct. I chatted with a representative with the last name Chavis. In short, she said she didn't see a pymt scheduled for today and to go ahead and make a pymt. I expressed my concern of a double payment because the amount of the my payment is so high, she stated she understood but to just go ahead and make that payment. WELL, its 1:54am the 21st and I happen to check my bank acct and what do you know?? there's not one but TWO payments autodrafted out of my bank acct!! 

1) why didn't the rep see my scheduled payment? 

2) when I informed the rep that I recevied a confirmation email with a confirmation number, why wasn't she able to research and locate my scheduled payment with that info I had. 

3) what is the protocol when something like this happens? meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process? 

4) what is going on with ATT's database/system? is it not updated? how often is the information backed up? isn't it real-time? we are in the new age of technology and I would have figured that there would have been some way to find my scheduled payment. 

5) How does one go about getting the monies back from the double payment? I would hope that I don't have to wait to get it back because now i'm broke!!! 

thank you ATT for your not so stellar customer service and your shotty computer system and database. 

incorrect info from a rep resulted in a double payment

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 3:30:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tinag3 wrote:

meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process? 

Why woudln't you do that on your own, and skip calling in that day all together?

tinag3 wrote:

meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process? 

Why woudln't you do that on your own, and skip calling in that day all together?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: incorrect info from a rep resulted in a double payment

2 of 6 (622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 10:18:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

why didn't I wait?

although I received an email confirmation on the scheduled payment, when I logged into my att account there was no scheduled payments pending.

and One would think that att being in business for so long that their system would be able to show the scheduled payment on their in by and me calling them to verify that I did in fact make a scheduled payment. 

why didn't I wait?

although I received an email confirmation on the scheduled payment, when I logged into my att account there was no scheduled payments pending.

and One would think that att being in business for so long that their system would be able to show the scheduled payment on their in by and me calling them to verify that I did in fact make a scheduled payment. 

3 of 6 (587 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 4:47:25 AM
(0)
Guru
If you paid by credit card, call your company to reverse the charges. If you pay by direct debit from your bank account then you're making a big mistake because then you can't get money back when there's a messup. Don't use direct debit.
If you paid by credit card, call your company to reverse the charges. If you pay by direct debit from your bank account then you're making a big mistake because then you can't get money back when there's a messup. Don't use direct debit.

4 of 6 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 10:12:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
All they had to do for me was fax a letter to my bank stated they voided the double payment and they won't even try to help. Pushing it off on my bank. Very angry this is my money
All they had to do for me was fax a letter to my bank stated they voided the double payment and they won't even try to help. Pushing it off on my bank. Very angry this is my money

5 of 6 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:40:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello @tinag3 ,

We're so sorry you had a problem with your payment.  Is there anyway we can help? Send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello @tinag3 ,

We're so sorry you had a problem with your payment.  Is there anyway we can help? Send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (311 Views)