02-21-2014 2:10 AM - edited 02-21-2014 2:11 AM
on Feb 10th, I set up a payment to be made on the 20th of February, an email confirmation was sent stating this would be made on the 20th. well, the 20th come along and I didn't see the payment processed when I logged into my ATT acct. I chatted with a representative with the last name Chavis. In short, she said she didn't see a pymt scheduled for today and to go ahead and make a pymt. I expressed my concern of a double payment because the amount of the my payment is so high, she stated she understood but to just go ahead and make that payment. WELL, its 1:54am the 21st and I happen to check my bank acct and what do you know?? there's not one but TWO payments autodrafted out of my bank acct!!
1) why didn't the rep see my scheduled payment?
2) when I informed the rep that I recevied a confirmation email with a confirmation number, why wasn't she able to research and locate my scheduled payment with that info I had.
3) what is the protocol when something like this happens? meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process?
4) what is going on with ATT's database/system? is it not updated? how often is the information backed up? isn't it real-time? we are in the new age of technology and I would have figured that there would have been some way to find my scheduled payment.
5) How does one go about getting the monies back from the double payment? I would hope that I don't have to wait to get it back because now i'm broke!!!
thank you ATT for your not so stellar customer service and your shotty computer system and database.
02-21-2014 3:30 AM
meaning, if a customer calls/chats with a rep and states the above as I did, wouldn't a rep advise to wait a day to see if the payment that was originally scheduled to process?
Why woudln't you do that on your own, and skip calling in that day all together?
02-21-2014 10:18 AM
why didn't I wait?
although I received an email confirmation on the scheduled payment, when I logged into my att account there was no scheduled payments pending.
and One would think that att being in business for so long that their system would be able to show the scheduled payment on their in by and me calling them to verify that I did in fact make a scheduled payment.
02-26-2014 4:47 AM
02-27-2014 10:12 PM
03-05-2014 12:40 PM
Hello @tinag3 ,
We're so sorry you had a problem with your payment. Is there anyway we can help? Send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached.