Helpful Links

iPhone5 not receiving calls

Tutor

iPhone5 not receiving calls

At least twice now my other half has tried to call me mobile to mobile.  I'm at home with plenty of cell service (3 to 5 bars).  My phone does not ring, it does not register as a recent or missed call, yet it goes to my voicemail.

Once he left a voice mail and it alerted me like an hour after the voice mail was left.  But didn't register as a missed or recent call.

Second time it went to voice mail and he didn't leave a msg.   Still should register as a recent or missed call I would think.

This happening to anyone else?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
Tutor

Re: iPhone5 not receiving calls

i have an Iphone 5 that worked fine until i upgraded the IOS to the current IOS7. ever since then people have to call me multiple times in a row to get through, otherwise it rings once on their end and goes to VM. i randomly get missed call notifications and VM notifications , sometimes hours or even days later.

i have not changed where i live or how i live for years , i do the same things , goto the same locations i did previously etc. . i have reset the phone a few times, had people at att look at it and Apple. no one can find anything wrong . i can upgrade to a new phone but i hesitate because i am suspicious that its in fact the IOS7 that isnt functioning correctly . since i use my phone for work and get about 20-50 calls a day im getting nowhere fast and VM full notifications from my unlimited VM also .

i feel like i am being backed into a corner to get a droid phone even though i dont want it. does anyone have a positive experience with the newer IPHONES?

any advice appreciated.

Message 16 of 22
Expert

rnyc wrote:

i have an Iphone 5 that worked fine until i upgraded the IOS to the current IOS7. ever since then people have to call me multiple times in a row to get through, otherwise it rings once on their end and goes to VM. i randomly get missed call notifications and VM notifications , sometimes hours or even days later.

i have not changed where i live or how i live for years , i do the same things , goto the same locations i did previously etc. . i have reset the phone a few times, had people at att look at it and Apple. no one can find anything wrong . i can upgrade to a new phone but i hesitate because i am suspicious that its in fact the IOS7 that isnt functioning correctly . since i use my phone for work and get about 20-50 calls a day im getting nowhere fast and VM full notifications from my unlimited VM also .

i feel like i am being backed into a corner to get a droid phone even though i dont want it. does anyone have a positive experience with the newer IPHONES?

any advice appreciated.

Using a Iphone 5 with the lastest update of IOS 7 with no issues, remember if you upgrade to a newer iphone you will still be running IOS 7. Did you do a full reset and setup as a new phone with no restore?

Message 17 of 22
Tutor

i did do the full reset with no back up  twice. i know the IOS7 is on both machines , but it seems both machines arent identical , at lease from the reviews i have read. i also wonder if this is a NY centric anomoly .

wingrider01 wrote:

rnyc wrote:

any advice appreciated.

Using a Iphone 5 with the lastest update of IOS 7 with no issues, remember if you upgrade to a newer iphone you will still be running IOS 7. Did you do a full reset and setup as a new phone with no restore?

Message 18 of 22
Expert

I would then suggest that you go over to the Apple forums and see if anyone has any answers there

If you did do a full reset by setting it up as a new device then there sounds like there are hardware issues though

Message 19 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

i looks like on the Apple forums , people are saying it could be a firmware problem. they can fix it (although not a good fix) by turning off the LTE in settings.
Message 20 of 22
Contributor

I am having the same problem and it seems many others are as well.

What is the fix.

Thank you.

Message 21 of 22
Contributor

Yes....this is happening to me as well.

I receive calls but sometimes I will have a voicemail and my phone didn't ring. 

I also have had people tell me they called and immediately got my voicemail but

I can't tell they even called. MY phone does not log a call in at all.

Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support