Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 18, 2014
6:24:09 PM
View profile
iPhone on Go plan?
I was just wondering if there was any way to use an IPhone 5 with the go plan. I know it can be done with a 4/4s because that's what I'm doing now. Please someone help!
I was just wondering if there was any way to use an IPhone 5 with the go plan. I know it can be done with a 4/4s because that's what I'm doing now. Please someone help!

iPhone on Go plan?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 7:11:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

I  do not  think  you  can..  You  can  check  with  ATT.com    shop  online   and  see  if  you  can?

Or  go  to  ATT  walk  in  and  ask?   

I  do not  think  you  can..  You  can  check  with  ATT.com    shop  online   and  see  if  you  can?

Or  go  to  ATT  walk  in  and  ask?   

Re: iPhone on Go plan?

2 of 7 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 7:34:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
The phone is definitely supported on the prepaid network along with 4G LTE. Should be no issue whatsoever. Smiley Happy All you need is the SIM card which you can get at your nearest corporate store
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
The phone is definitely supported on the prepaid network along with 4G LTE. Should be no issue whatsoever. Smiley Happy All you need is the SIM card which you can get at your nearest corporate store
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (585 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 4:44:38 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Richmond Dan on Feb 19, 2014 at 4:50:44 AM

My new 5s is on the AT&T Go Plan.  I pay $60/month for unlimited talk and text and up to 2GB of data.  I'm also on autopay, so it just comes out of my credit card each month automatically.  Eeezy, squeezy.

I probably should mention that I bought the 5s directly from Apple, unlocked, for full price up front.  I tried T-Mobile for the first month, then switched to AT&T.  The AT&T corporate store provided a free SIM.

The beauty of buying the unlocked phone is that I didn't have to deal with asking a carrier to unlock the phone before I could switch.  I just took out the T-Mobile SIM (which came free, installed, from Apple) and inserted the AT&T SIM card.  If I ever want to switch back to T-Mobile, I can just do the reverse.  And when I travel abroad, I just remove the AT&T SIM and put in a local one.  It lets me have control!

My new 5s is on the AT&T Go Plan.  I pay $60/month for unlimited talk and text and up to 2GB of data.  I'm also on autopay, so it just comes out of my credit card each month automatically.  Eeezy, squeezy.

I probably should mention that I bought the 5s directly from Apple, unlocked, for full price up front.  I tried T-Mobile for the first month, then switched to AT&T.  The AT&T corporate store provided a free SIM.

The beauty of buying the unlocked phone is that I didn't have to deal with asking a carrier to unlock the phone before I could switch.  I just took out the T-Mobile SIM (which came free, installed, from Apple) and inserted the AT&T SIM card.  If I ever want to switch back to T-Mobile, I can just do the reverse.  And when I travel abroad, I just remove the AT&T SIM and put in a local one.  It lets me have control!

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 5:59:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Richmond Dan wrote:

Very smart and careful planning. I can definitely tell that you did your homework. I would say that I "specialize" in the prepaid GoPhone iPhone segment, and this is great to hear. I'm using a prepaid iPhone 4 on the $25 monthly plan myself. Love it and wouldn't trade the service for any other carrier. 

Kudos to you! 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Richmond Dan wrote:

Very smart and careful planning. I can definitely tell that you did your homework. I would say that I "specialize" in the prepaid GoPhone iPhone segment, and this is great to hear. I'm using a prepaid iPhone 4 on the $25 monthly plan myself. Love it and wouldn't trade the service for any other carrier. 

Kudos to you! 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:06:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Malloreygray wrote:

You most certainly can do this. I'm sure you're aware that the iPhone 5 utilizes a nano-SIM instead of a microSIM that your 4/4S currently uses. To upgrade to an iPhone 5, you have one of two options:

• Trim your current microSIM yourself by purchasing a nano-SIM cutter ($5 or less) from eBay or Amazon. It looks kind of like a stapler and is just as simple to use. Just insert your SIM, press down, and SNAP - you have a nano-SIM that you can insert into the phone immediately! 

• You can pay a visit to an AT&T corporate store and ask for a nano-SIM as Richmond Dan suggested below. Sometimes they charge you (up to $25), but usually you can get it from free - you never know. Once they transfer your account information, it should be ready to go. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Malloreygray wrote:

You most certainly can do this. I'm sure you're aware that the iPhone 5 utilizes a nano-SIM instead of a microSIM that your 4/4S currently uses. To upgrade to an iPhone 5, you have one of two options:

• Trim your current microSIM yourself by purchasing a nano-SIM cutter ($5 or less) from eBay or Amazon. It looks kind of like a stapler and is just as simple to use. Just insert your SIM, press down, and SNAP - you have a nano-SIM that you can insert into the phone immediately! 

• You can pay a visit to an AT&T corporate store and ask for a nano-SIM as Richmond Dan suggested below. Sometimes they charge you (up to $25), but usually you can get it from free - you never know. Once they transfer your account information, it should be ready to go. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 7 (492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:21:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

They didn't make a big deal out of the SIM...didn't even mention charging me.  The franchise stores usually charge, but the corporate stores don't.

They didn't make a big deal out of the SIM...didn't even mention charging me.  The franchise stores usually charge, but the corporate stores don't.

7 of 7 (489 Views)