Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2014
6:19:10 AM
View profile
iPhone messaging to Android messaging
I recently switched from iphone top left android. I am finding that my text messages from iphone users are not being received, especially when part of a group message.

I tried turning imessaging off on my iPhone and that hasn't worked.
I recently switched from iphone top left android. I am finding that my text messages from iphone users are not being received, especially when part of a group message.

iPhone messaging to Android messaging

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 6:40:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jodiemlabombard wrote:

There are a series of steps which need to be taken when leaving the Apple eco-system for another.  Regretfully, Apple has not made these the most evident, or the easiest to complete.  You have to do more than just "turn off iMessage" to complete this.  You have to sign out of the iMessage system completely, nd you also have to make sure that your old friends using iPhones are sending their text messages to your phone number and not your iCloud email address.  iMessage seems to want to default to using the email address if it is configured in the contact entry, so this can cause problems if you leave the Apple world because only the Apple iMessage will work using that.  One thing I have noticed is that messages from my wife will switch between the two on their own with no apparent reason, so when I receive a message from her using her phone number it appears in one thread, and a difference conversation thread may open with the next message because it comes in with her email address.

You may need to call into Apple support and get one of their support engineers to help you completely remove your account from the iMessage system, especially if you no longer have the old iPhone to completely follow all the steps needed to close out that old Apple account.

(sorry if this message appears twice, I was having cellular data issues this morning)

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

jodiemlabombard wrote:

There are a series of steps which need to be taken when leaving the Apple eco-system for another.  Regretfully, Apple has not made these the most evident, or the easiest to complete.  You have to do more than just "turn off iMessage" to complete this.  You have to sign out of the iMessage system completely, nd you also have to make sure that your old friends using iPhones are sending their text messages to your phone number and not your iCloud email address.  iMessage seems to want to default to using the email address if it is configured in the contact entry, so this can cause problems if you leave the Apple world because only the Apple iMessage will work using that.  One thing I have noticed is that messages from my wife will switch between the two on their own with no apparent reason, so when I receive a message from her using her phone number it appears in one thread, and a difference conversation thread may open with the next message because it comes in with her email address.

You may need to call into Apple support and get one of their support engineers to help you completely remove your account from the iMessage system, especially if you no longer have the old iPhone to completely follow all the steps needed to close out that old Apple account.

(sorry if this message appears twice, I was having cellular data issues this morning)

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone messaging to Android messaging

2 of 3 (421 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 9:18:16 AM
(0)
Expert

GeekBoy wrote:

jodiemlabombard wrote:

you can go here and do it yourself

https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSAuthWeb.woa/wa/classicLogin?appIdKey=58ef9db8ff4d201409e7...

GeekBoy wrote:

jodiemlabombard wrote:

you can go here and do it yourself

https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSAuthWeb.woa/wa/classicLogin?appIdKey=58ef9db8ff4d201409e7270a68e4408ae1678e1618204c476572a1b5e5fb3518&path&language=US-EN

Re: iPhone messaging to Android messaging

3 of 3 (384 Views)