iPhone 5S Available At All ATT Retail Stores?

Tutor

iPhone 5S Available At All ATT Retail Stores?

1)  Will the iPhone 5s be available at all ATT retail stores on Friday the 20th?  I know no one can say the stock levels but is it safe to say each store will have a few?

2) If I pre-order an iPhone 5s on Apple.com midnight Cupertino time to be safe and use my upgrades and am then able to secure phones at the ATT Retail Store at 8 am, will the retail workers be able to revoke my upgrade on the phones from Apple and give it to be at the retail store?  Are they trained to actually know what in the world I will be talking about?  Any difference if the pre-order is from ATT's web site?

3)  Will all ATT retail stores be open at 8am to sell the new iPhones?

Message 1 of 7 (2,402 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 5S Available At All ATT Retail Stores?

1) yes, they will be available at ATT corporate stores Smiley Happy

2) If you order it from Apple, then it will ship directly from Apple, not AT&T in this case. You would still be able to upgrade as you normally would on AT&T's website

3) Not very likely, they will go by their store hours but you best go early if you want to find one in stock Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (2,383 Views)
Highlighted

2. If you order through Apple using your upgrade and then go to an AT&T store to purchase on the same day then I doubt AT&T can cancel your Apple order and restore your eligibility. I may be wrong so hopefully someone with more inside knowledge (AT&T) will chime in.
Message 3 of 7 (2,295 Views)
Tutor

Yeah I do not believe they would be able to cancel the order.  I would have to do that myself, but it uses your upgrade connected to your account.  I know if I were to cancel the Apple.com order I would then even have to call ATT to order it elsewhere but curious if I can find one at retail if they can actually restore my upgrades in store instead of calling and waiting for the 1-800 rep to get it taken care of so I can actually pay in the store.  

Message 4 of 7 (2,127 Views)
Professor

I wouldn't count on being able to cancel your order then buying from a store. Many have had problems cancelling orders in the past. Once the order gets past a certain point in the process, it can't be canceled.

Message 5 of 7 (2,008 Views)
Expert

Just read a news story that people are setting up tents outside of apple stores for friday's release.

Message 6 of 7 (1,850 Views)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

Just read a news story that people are setting up tents outside of apple stores for friday's release.

Why doesn't this surprise me? 

Seems like the same die-hards every year! Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 7 (1,799 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.