Helpful Links

iPhone 5 says NO SERVICE but others around me have it

Contributor

iPhone 5 says NO SERVICE but others around me have it

My iPhone 5 says NO SERVICE but others around me have it. It started this morning out of nowhere. I tried to turn airplane mode on and off. That didn't help.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 5 says NO SERVICE but others around me have it

Sorry to hear this is happening!

Have you tried getting the SIM card replaced or powering off your device to see if it gets a signal?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

iPhones have a SIM card?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

clwhite1 wrote:

iPhones have a SIM card?

Yes, If you are looking at the screen, along the right side of the iPhone, there is a small hole.  You can use a straightened paper clip to push into that hole to eject teh sim card holder (and sim card if it's there).

If your iPhone was missing he SIM, you should get a message about "NO SIM" and not a "NO SERVICE" message.  If you've already gone through the "4 R's" from Apple, "Restart", "Reset", "Restore" and "Restore as new" and you are still having this issue, I suggest you make an appointment at you rlocal Apple Store Genius Bar and have them take a look at your iPhone.  If it's still under warranty, they should replace it for you, and if it's not, they will tell you what your options are (most likely the $269 "out of warranty" replacement is you are not still covered by AppleCare).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support