Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 25, 2012
10:45:37 AM
iPhone 5 on sprint to AT&T network?
So I have a sprint iphone 5 and I was wondering if I could get a AT&T nano SIM card and put it into the sprint iphone 5. Will it work on the 3G and possibly hspa+ network?
So I have a sprint iphone 5 and I was wondering if I could get a AT&T nano SIM card and put it into the sprint iphone 5. Will it work on the 3G and possibly hspa+ network?

iPhone 5 on sprint to AT&T network?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2012 2:26:46 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Zombiehunter on Nov 25, 2012 at 2:27:20 PM

Kaylarawrz wrote:

Are you wanting to keep sprint as your provider? You will need to get an unlock code from sprint so you can use other carrier's services. Once the iPhone is unlocked, you can go to an AT&T corporate store and purchase a SIM card from them, along with however much data you think you'll need while accessing their system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Kaylarawrz wrote:

Are you wanting to keep sprint as your provider? You will need to get an unlock code from sprint so you can use other carrier's services. Once the iPhone is unlocked, you can go to an AT&T corporate store and purchase a SIM card from them, along with however much data you think you'll need while accessing their system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: iPhone 5 on sprint to AT&T network?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (93,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2012 3:57:32 PM
(0)
Professor

I don't believe so. Even though the Sprint iPhone has a SIM card slot, I think it's only for use internationally, and has to be unlocked by Sprint for international use.

I don't believe so. Even though the Sprint iPhone has a SIM card slot, I think it's only for use internationally, and has to be unlocked by Sprint for international use.

3 of 6 (93,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2012 9:27:32 PM
(0)
Master

I don't think you can make a CDMA phone work on a GSM network and visa versa one of the reasons they ask you to select a carrier and even though T-Mobile and AT&T are both GSM they operate on different MHz bands so not sure how that will work either.

I don't think you can make a CDMA phone work on a GSM network and visa versa one of the reasons they ask you to select a carrier and even though T-Mobile and AT&T are both GSM they operate on different MHz bands so not sure how that will work either.

4 of 6 (93,249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 12:30:14 AM
(0)
Tutor
Sprint iPhone 5 unlocked will only work internationally. It will not work in the US. So that means you cannot connect it too at&t, t-mobile, simplemobile, h20 or any other gsm carrier out there.
Sprint iPhone 5 unlocked will only work internationally. It will not work in the US. So that means you cannot connect it too at&t, t-mobile, simplemobile, h20 or any other gsm carrier out there.

5 of 6 (66,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 9:28:36 PM
(0)
Master

Follow this link to Apple's site that shows which LTE frequencies are supported on the various iPhone models.  You will notice that ATT is on a different list from sprint and Verizon.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Follow this link to Apple's site that shows which LTE frequencies are supported on the various iPhone models.  You will notice that ATT is on a different list from sprint and Verizon.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (66,800 Views)