iPhone 5 blacklisted help?

Contributor

iPhone 5 blacklisted help?

Hello

I bought an iPhone 5 from some one off Craigslist and the phone came with the original box and all accessories, it was working for 2 weeks and one fine day i didn't get the signal and when i contacted AT&T they said it is reported stolen and blacklisted. So my question is how does AT&T dertermine if the customer is really telling that he lost the phone

- He/She might be selling the phone to someone and claming it with insurance saying that it is stolen

I am in a big loss now, please help me

Message 1 of 5 (1,880 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: iPhone 5 blacklisted help?

Hopefully you have the name or contact info of the person that sold it to you. If they won't help you, contact the police and fill out a police report that the person sold you a stolen phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,867 Views)
Contributor

The person who sold me is not responding to my texts or calls anymore

If I file a complaint, how does it help me unless they are able to find a person

Message 3 of 5 (1,865 Views)
Master

Not too sure unless the Police can determine the phone was reported stolen in error but your phone is going to be unusable since the original owner is claiming your iphone was stolen from them

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5 (1,754 Views)
Scholar

Chalk another one up to Craigslist! There are some things that are fine to buy off Craigslist, iPhones are not one of them!
Message 5 of 5 (1,719 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.